Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charrlottiee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 04:56 PM
    I was at my mates house and her step dad hit her what should I do?
    My best mate used to get hit by her step dad all the time but it stopeed when she was about 14 today I was at her house and she literally just offerd to put something away for him and he was like no then went mental at her and like grabbed her wrists and tried to throw her out the front door she didn't let him then he sat down and she was crying and she shouted at him and he like went at her again and I just stood thre shocked I really don't know what to do about it :/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 05:59 PM

She should report the abuse
    Ledinai Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Tell her to report the hitting. And tell her to talk to a trusted relative about it. He could start abusing her sexually and no body will know because she is too scared. Does her mum know?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 03:32 AM
    If you are both in school, go and seek guidance on what to do from a counsellor or teacher. It is not something you should keep to yourself to 'protect' your friend.

With her having a history of abuse as you said, it isn't likely she will report it herself, or she would have by now.

If her mother is in the picture, she too should have done something by now, and obviously hasn't either.

I urge you to speak up yourself. This is not something that is trivial, or will stop without some sort of intervention. Obviously the idiot father has no second thoughts about abusing her in front of you, and likely feels he can get away with this behaviour.

Don't let this pass without speaking to someone. You don't need to disclose it was you, but please, speak up, and say something.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 03:39 AM

I think you should talk to your parents or a trusted adult and ask them if they would be willing to intervene on her behalf.

This is a very serious issue and I think one that should be addressed and handled by adults.

Perhaps your parent could seek out permission for her to stay with you until this family gets the help they need.

In the meantime,your friend is most likely embarrassed so be there for her and let her know you are not judging her but will do anything you can to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8yr old Westie Litter Mates Urinating in House [ 3 Answers ]

We have two 8yr old female westhighland terriers. They are litter mates. Early on they urinated outside fairly well (not perfectly), but both are now routinely urinating around the house. Both have grown up using a crate (large crate together) where they are during the day while we are at work. ...

Step dad [ 8 Answers ]

Im a step dad where my daughter has chosen to stay and live withme rather than her mother. I've raised her since she's been 3 y.o she is know 14. I recently have filed to adopt her. Do I have rights? Can she take my daughter away even though I filed for adoption

My dad was hit by a car [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my dad was hit by car on January 5th 2007 he was killed He was crossing the street in a crosswalk when he was hit the lady who hit him said she didn't see him it was dusk and drizzling the state charged her with vehicular homicide but she was not convicted because they couldn't prove beyond a...

Hey my names courtney I'm 17 and my dad hit me with a belt Monday night and left marks [ 24 Answers ]

Hey my names courtney and I'm 17 my dad hit me with a belt Monday night and left marks on me I told the school and they called cys and put me on the "saftey plan" but it didn't help in fact it made my situation worse because this morning when I got up he told me tonight when I get off the bus he...

My step dad [ 1 Answers ]

So about five years ago my parents split up. I was devastated and really never got over the fact that I would see them two together ever again. But since then I have stayed with my dad, and my mom moved out (whom I was closest with out of the two). She hasn't been stable in her address, she has...

View more questions Search