Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serenidy21001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Children's citizenship??
    If a child was born in the United States, but they moved to Thailand with their parents back in 2000, what are the chances that the children can come back to the United States? The parents were never USA citizens, but they are now Thai citizens though. Does that make the children USA or Thai citizens?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 04:55 PM
    If the child was born on US soil, the child is a US citizen.
    serenidy21001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 05:07 PM

So the child will always remain USA citizen? I am asking because, the parents are not able to come back due to having three other children on Thai soil, (they are my husbands brother and sister-in-law) and they are wanting us to bring the children back to the USA for education reasons. Any advise or suggestions are appreciated.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 09:06 PM

The child is US citizen and he/she can return to US anytime... but the parents might be barred for at least 10 years. They would need to apply for visitor's visa which the chance to get one is very slim when they have overstayed their visas for a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Children's movies! [ 4 Answers ]

I have more kid movies that I need help with. 1. I don't remember much about this movie besides that there is a princess, and another girl that looks just like her and the normal girl gets captured because she is believed to be the princess. I don't remember much more about it! 2.this movie...

View more questions Search