Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aznonpho Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Goodmen flame sensor
    When a furnace starts you hear the vent start and it keeps going to till the end of the cycle. My vent starts then stops and repeats this process while running through a cycle. The burners shooting out gas are still running when it does this. Help I don't understand what is wrong. I recently replaced the flame sensor and it worked perfectly for a few days now its acting up again. When I go up to the furnace I notice the wire connecting to the heat sensor is lose, I re-tighten it and it works perfect again. Then a few days later it acts up again help I don't know what's wrong.
    builderbob1 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2010, 12:21 AM

Check your vacuum hose for holes or vacuum switch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flame sensor [ 1 Answers ]

What are some symptoms of a flame sensor that needs cleaning or replacing?

Flame sensor [ 3 Answers ]

Being three days away from getting a new flame sensor, can the two broken pieces of the old flame sensor be effectively welded together? (rod is broken right behind ceramic insulator)

What does the flame sensor look like [ 3 Answers ]

What does the flame sensor look like and where is it located?

Flame sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York Diamond 80 upflow furnace. I think my flame sensor is bad. I checked my wire to the sensor with my meter ( I just completed classes in HVAC) and got 90 on the volts. Just wanted to make sure I am replacing the right part. The flame kicks on and goes out about 5-10 seconds later.

Flame Sensor [ 5 Answers ]

How can I replace a flame sensor in a Trane heating unit?

View more questions Search