Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rul Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 10:58 AM
    False charges
    Hi, what can I do about someone filing criminal trespassing on me, and its all false.
    How can I go at her. My lawyer said that I can just do a civil suit and have her paid for the court, but he also said that if she don't have any money then she can't pay and I can't do anything about it, and that she would not even have a record on her, he said that the judge will just dismiss the case. Now how can that happen, I am going to have a record on me for something I did not do. And she will not have any record on her for something she did! Can someone give me an answer please.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:10 AM

I would believe the Attorney who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances as well as your State laws. I think that's your answer.

You can always sue her, get a Judgment and collect if and when she gets some money. Of course, that action will be expensive.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rul View Post
    Hi, what can I do about someone filing criminal trespassing on me, and its all false.
    How can i go at her. my lawyer said that i can just do a civil suit and have her paid for the court, but he also said that if she dont have any money then she can't pay and i can't do anything about it, and that she would not even have a record on her, he said that the judge will just dismiss the case. Now how can that happen, i am goin to have a record on me for something i did not do. And she will not have any record on her for something she did! can someone give me an answer please.
    First of all, where are you located? Is this in the USA, Canada, England..

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, someone cannot "file criminal trespassing" against you. They have to call the police, who then charge you with criminal trespassing. Have you been charged at this point or is someone merely threatening you?

What exactly happened? You state that the "other person" will not have a record for something that they did; were you a party to some type of crime?

Jan 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    First of all, where are you located? Is this in the USA, Canada, England....?

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, someone cannot "file criminal trespassing" against you. They have to call the police, who then charge you with criminal trespassing. Have you been charged at this point or is someone merely threatening you?

What exactly happened? You state that the "other person" will not have a record for something that they did; were you a party to some type of crime?
    No am in the u.s.a. and I was summon for criminal trespassing and now I have to be book and process before I even go to court about it. I will have I record on me, that I have to get exponge. And I was never at the girl's house! I don't need a record on me just because someone is lying about something. And I need to know what I can do, so she don't do it again. Can I sue her for false satement, but if I do my lawyer said is just I civil sue and the judge will just drop the charge. And then she can go and do the same thing again. What do I do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:09 PM

Getting something expunged is not easy and the procedure varies by State.

Again, your Attorney is the best person to decide how you should proceed.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
    no am in the u.s.a. and i was summon for criminal trespassing and now i have to be book and process before i even go to court about it. i will have i record on me, that i have to get exponge. and i was never at the girl's house! i dont need a record on me just because someone is lying about something. and i need to know what i can do, so she dont do it again. can i sue her for false satement, but if i do my lawyer said is just i civil sue and the judge will just drop the charge. and then she can go and do the same thing again. what do i do.
    I get the feeling that there is more to the story. These types of charges aren't filed without substantiary evidence. If all it took was one person's statement, the courts would be overflowing with bogus accusations.

What are you exactly being accused of? Were you supposed to stay away from this person? Did she call the police and state that you were on her property?

Jan 5, 2010, 01:30 PM
    no am in the u.s.a. and i was summon for criminal trespassing and now i have to be book and process before i even go to court about it. i will have i record on me, that i have to get exponge. and i was never at the girl's house! i dont need a record on me just because someone is lying about something. and i need to know what i can do, so she dont do it again. can i sue her for false satement, but if i do my lawyer said is just i civil sue and the judge will just drop the charge. and then she can go and do the same thing again. what do i do.
    She claims that I was at her house two times even after she told me to stay away. But that's not true, I was never at her house.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:32 PM
    no am in the u.s.a. and i was summon for criminal trespassing and now i have to be book and process before i even go to court
    Hello rul:

You won't have a record unless you're convicted. You are apparently at the beginning of this ordeal. There's more to it. If you didn't do it, plead not guilty, and if the state can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you DID do it, you'll be acquitted and have NO record...

excon

Jan 5, 2010, 01:45 PM

She went to the commissioner and give a statement, and one month later I had a cop in my house, she claims that I was at her house two times after she had told me to stay away, but I was never at her house, and yes they did do it with just her statement.

Jan 5, 2010, 01:52 PM
    But what about the finger printing and the picture that there going to take from me to be bookd and process, I have to have that done before the court, my lawyer said I have to do it, and then get exponge.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:58 PM

Hello again, rul:

Listen carefully. I'm not lying. You will be fingerprinted and a photo will be taken of you. These are for police files only, and you can't expunge them no matter what... Nobody can see them either, and they won't show up on a background check.

Your concern is about having a criminal record, and like I said above, you won't HAVE a criminal unless you are convicted. Right now you've only been arrested. The state have to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that you DID this thing. Her saying so, IS NOT ENOUGH. Therefore, if that's ALL the evidence they have, you can not be convicted, and you will not have a record...

excon

Jan 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, rul:

Listen carefully. I'm not lying. You will be fingerprinted and a photo will be taken of you. These are for police files only, and you can't expunge them no matter what... Nobody can see them either, and they won't show up on a background check.

Your concern is about having a criminal record, and like I said above, you won't HAVE a criminal unless you are convicted. Right now you've only been arrested. The state have to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that you DID this thing. Her saying so, IS NOT ENOUGH. Therefore, if that's ALL the evidence they have, you can not be convicted, and you will not have a record....

excon

Thank you for answering my questions. Will you please answer one more. What about if she goes to my house before we go to court. Or what about if she goes to my house after we go to court, then what will I do.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 09:59 AM

Hello again, r:

If she comes on your property and you don't want her to, call the cops. It doesn't matter WHEN that happens.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone get in trouble for filing false charges? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have standard visitation of my step daughter and have since July 7, 2006. We do pay child support every week just like were obligated too. We've also had problems out of the mother and her family, but kept fighting to see our daughter because she's ours. Last time it was our...

Domestic violence AND false charges AND nc [ 4 Answers ]

Okay if someone (exwife) goes to the police station and files charges against their ex husband. Saying that they are scared of this person when ALL that took place was a heated phone conversation regarding their child. Can they charge the guy with Domestic Violence when there were no threats made...

False accusation? Or false allegation? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife are going through divorce proceedings and things have not exactly been rosey! Her latest supprise was to ring the police this morning to report me for "pushing her over" now obviousley this is classed as assault and I know this But after 8 hours in a cell I was released and...

False Charges. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I feel very awkward writing this, because I never thought I would be in such a situation. But o well, that's life. Its actually about my husband, My husband has been charged with Theft from mail. The reason being that he was tricked by his manager into opening a parcel at work, and then...

Filing false charges on someone [ 5 Answers ]

What can I do about someone filing false charges on me? My ex has filed 11 false afidavits on me, each time it cost me $150. To bail out. He never shows up at court so its always dismissed. The judge keeps letting him do this even knowing he's not going to show up at court he never does. Can...

View more questions Search