Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trish douglas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Can you file taxes if you draw unemployment have dependents with no taxes taken out o
    I draw unemployment with no taxes taken out have dependents can I file taxes?
    trish douglas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 07:13 AM
    [QUOTE=trish douglas;2157986]I draw unemployment with no taxes taken out have dependents can I file taxes for the unearned income?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 03:26 PM
    Yes, you can!

Unemployment compensation is considered to be taxable income and, if high enough, can require that you file a tax return.

However, it is NOT considered to be earned income, so you will NOT be eligible for the Earned Income Credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes and Dependents [ 6 Answers ]

My common law husband claimed my kids on his 2007 taxes. The IRS sent a letter saying he had to pay all the money back because he could not claim the kids. I did not file taxes in 2007 and we live in Texas where they do recognize common law marriage. We sent in school records, we went to the notary...

What taxes should be withheld from a draw? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has his own business (LLC) and asked me to start doing the administrative things. I can pay the billings, invoice, and other misc things, but when it comes to figuring out his pay, I don't understand. He gets a draw. How often, what taxes do I take out, how do I figure tax %. Can...

How to file a 1099 self employed taxes and taxes in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone . I had a few tax related questions . My husband is pretty much self employed , he is a permanent resident of the united states etc. we live in Georgia . We wanted to know how do we file a self employed tax paper and how do we figure the precentages we are a family of 4 . With 2...

Dependents for taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim my cousins girl friend who I supported last year on my tax return?

Draw Check Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a small recruiting firm in South Florida and have several Recruiters working on a draw vs. commission basis. Am I required to take taxes out of their draw check. The draw is a non-refundable "loan against comission"?

View more questions Search