Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetcheeks22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Relationshipd
    Ok when me and my boyfriend fight he ALWAYS acts like he doesn't care or wants to talk about things.. He wants to cool off for a few hours and then act like nothings happened. Well we got in a hug fight there other day because he was being sooo stupid and I laughed at him for being stupid well he freaked out and shut his phone.. I went to call him to try on talk it out but his phone was shut off.. He knows I HATE when he does that so I freaked out on him and told him I didn't want to be with him because I wasn't going to play his childish games! Well no we are broken up and I want him back... But the thing is is that he acts like he doesn't even care and doesn't even want to try and work things out.. His first girlfriend he ever had treated him so bad and he gave her everything, so its like he treats girls like crap.. Me and him have a past and we had a baby boy in May! I want him to try, show me that he wants things to work.. And my biggest thing is is that I can't leave him alone and give him space.. I want to know what I needa do to give him space. I really really want things to work for us because I know we aren't meant to be together forever.. So what do I do?
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 31, 2009, 02:08 PM

Well if he's treating you like that then you guys don't need to be together. And you don't want your child to be around that. You could talk with him but it would just be useless. I would think just leave him. Hes a jerk. And you said you can't leave him. Do you have any friends you can go to? Or parents? Or brother/sister? If you do you could stay with them. Goodluck.
    danni_sweetie Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2009, 02:26 PM

There are many points here that should be addressed. 1)You keep coming back to him. You need to just let him be when he realizes that he wants to be with you then he will hit you up. Until then you are just enabling his behavior. 2)I know this maybe a little hard to grasp but maybe he acts like he doesn't care because he doesn't care. 3) you really don't need anyone... you just want them in your life.

I wish you the best of luck but, he sounds like a jerk cause no matter what the circumstance he isn't be considerate of your feelings.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Let the relationship die out. He's obviously carrying around some baggage. You deserve someone that communicates with you and treats you like a princess.

Concentrate on getting over him and taking care of your beautiful baby! You deserve the best!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Where to start? Age seems a good place. How old are both of you?

You both need to learn how to communicate with each other as parents even if there is no romantic relationship.

He may need his space, but he also needs to be a father and have visits with his child. You need to give them time together without turning visitation into relationship drama. This does not mean to badger him into seeing his child, but to make it clear that he has the right to see the child.

Back off from attempting to have a romantic relationship with him and only contact him about the child and the child's needs (including visitation). When you are around him, be polite and keep discussions child related.

If you haven't already, a parenting class for both of you may give you common ground for discussions about how to raise the child. Hopefully, it will help keep disagreements from growing into fights.

Learn how to communicate effectively. That means talking with each other and listening to what the other says. Pushing each other's buttons whether by laughing or 'turning off the cell phone' is not using communication skills.

You both need to think about what type of relationship you want your child growing up seeing and modeling his/her own relationships after. (Children also pick up on how one parent treats the other and will treat the parents the same way). Treat each other with politeness and respect so that your child learns to do the same.

You might think about asking him to go to couple's counseling with you not necessarily to rebuild the romantic aspect of your relationship, but to build a foundation for raising the child.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 06:47 PM

Go home and let your family help you be a good mom, and love your child and leave him alone until he is ready to be a good dad, and partner. Accept nothing less for you and your child.

When you keep accepting bad behavior, that's exactly what you will keep getting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search