Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam1671 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2004, 01:24 PM
    Rear draining toilet 2
    The toilet is a regular style toilet, not a wall mount.

The only difference is that instead of the bowl connecting to the flange on the bottom, the hook up is through a 3" framed pipe out the back of the toilet about 8-10" off the floor.
    It has a regular style tank above the toilet.

Not sure what brand it is.

The basin is a holding tank with a sewage pump.

Scott
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 15, 2004, 09:51 AM
    Rear draining toilet 2
    Hey Scott, You were planing in cutting in a drainage tee or a combation in the vertical stack and pick up the toilet off a horizontal flanged stub out, or were you going to run between walls over to your sewage holding tank? If that's the case be advised that, according to Section 1409 Table3 of the Plumbing Code the most that you can distance the toilet from a vent is six feet. If you plan to discharge between the walls and the distance will be over six feet to the tank then a vent or revent must installed in the discharge pipe. However I can get you around a normal vent with a Studore Mechanical Spring Loaded Vent. This vent does't have to go out through roof. It stays within your wall. Let me know which way you plan on going. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow draining toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I've finished putting new seal on toilet and I have put a new tank on . Now when the toilet is flushed you need to hold the lever down and after all the water is out of the tank, the toilet finally drains. Then it seems to take awhile for the tank to fill back up with water... over a min. is that...

Draining shower causing bubbling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My basement shower/bathtub, when draining, is resulting in bubbing in the toilet next to it! Would the obvious answer be due to hair clogging the shower drain or would it be further down the line leaving the house? What are a few home rememdies I could do before getting a snake or plumber?

Rear discharge toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Need a rear discharge toilet that is floor mounted. An hour online produced nothing but wall mounts. Venting the line is not a problem and installation will be gravity flow to the septic tank thanks john

Toilet not draining [ 3 Answers ]

We have just installed two 2-piece toilets. We have an intermittent but regular problem with flushing the toilet where upon flushing you hear/see an airbubble and then the toilets fills with water but the swirling action is only half hearted and the toilet doesn't drain away. A second or third...

Rear draining toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for info!! I found a rear draining toilet and was wondering of it's beneficial applications for the basement. I have a sewage basin set up already, but no rough in for the toilet. Is it possible to use this type of toilet to bypass dropping a new line in the concrete? I'm only a...

View more questions Search