Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shortyluv248 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 02:24 PM
    4 week old puppy just pee red
    1st time it happened our 4 week old puppy of 13 in the litter just pee and it was red. All the others are OK just him. But he is still running around and playing with the others. Should I be concered or just keep and eye on him for a while? He is eating watered down dry food and drinking water from the bowl also we the mom feed them 5 times a day. Nothing else seems wrong with him and it only happen this one time. All others are fine. Just was wondering what should I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 02:52 PM

If he does this again please take him to the vet. He may suffer from an internal injury.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 05:18 PM

Don't wait for him to do it again - take him to the vet. They should be getting dewormed around now anyway.
    Shortyluv248 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 11:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice. Just to be on the safe side I called the vet and she said that if I don't have the money to bring him in then a table spoonful of canberry juice could help. So before I did that I watch the others pee and it seems that the paper is fading with the red die on it. LOL. I was freaking out over nothing. But I just gave them carberry juice anyway ( 2 days ago). And today we dewormed them too. So they got the best of both worlds. But anyway Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 02:55 AM

Good!

But.. sorry, you have 13 puppies and couldn't afford to bring one to the vet?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2010, 04:04 AM

I'm glad you figured out the problem.
    Have you found out how much your vet charges for vaccinations?
    They will all need to be vaccinated and wormed before they can go to their new homes.
    Some vets do give a discount for a lot of puppies but it depends on each individual vet... shop around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy not going outside to poop or pee [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just got a new puppy and she is over 6 months old. We take her out for walks 5 plus time a day for long periods and she has peed twice in 3 days OUTSIDE. Inside she has peed twice and pooped once... help help help

My puppy thinks its OK to pee in the crate.and everywhere else! [ 5 Answers ]

I have an ADORABLE little 4 month old Cavalier King Charles. She lives to love me and my husband. She is submissive and obedient (we have had her for a short time and she already responds to verbal commands like sit, come, stay and her name). However, the breeder must have just left her in a crate...

Puppy having problems going pee! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 week old puppy having problems going pee, sometimes only drops comes out sometimes nothing at all. She also had a little crusty stuff on her peepee. I got it off but it doesn't seem to have helped her going pee. What is wrong?

Puppy won't pee outside [ 4 Answers ]

I go:mad: :confused: t a 13 week old golden, when I see her sniffing the floor I bring her out. She will not pee or poop outside. As soon as I get her back in she pee's on the floor. I then bring back out, and of course she will no go. Please help.

How do I get my puppy to poop and pee when I walk him? [ 1 Answers ]

My cocker spaniel puppy, Phoenix, is about 5 months old and is housebroken in the sense that he uses the yard but he just does not seem to understand that he should eliminate when he is walked. He'll hold on and on and go as soon as he gets back from walking like any human might! He seems to be...

View more questions Search