Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
    White powder on my fireplace
    I have cleaned with all prod and seales the fire place and still have this problem
    The bricks are at least 25 years old
    We dot not use the fireplace
    Help
    Thank you

Ed
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Dec 29, 2009, 05:47 PM

It can be sweating,condesation and most likely a ventalation problem. I have the same thing in a cottage I maintain and every spring it comes back. There may be a small leak at the chimey and roof area that will cause this powder to form. I do have some picts somewhere of the white powder and if I can find them I will post them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is phot grade hydroquinone powder the same as the skin lightening powder? [ 7 Answers ]

Is hydroquinone powder that is used for skin lightening the same kind used for photo development?. because if so there is a seller on eBay selling it by the pound for SUPER CHEAP! $17 and... 250 grams for $10 or so... and $7 shipping... I wanted to buy some but before I do and then it is the wrong...

White powder on bricks interior [ 3 Answers ]

My fireplace interior walls have a white powder on them it looks like mildew is on the brick also. How can I get raid of this?

Exterior brick cleaning (white powder like) [ 2 Answers ]

How would we clean our brick on the exterior of our home, it has a white powderdy substance on it, but water alone is not removing it. The brick is about 100 years old. THanks so much

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

White powder under electric range burner [ 4 Answers ]

We have an electric range, about 10 years old. Where one of the burner elements plugs in to the "socket" (under the stove top) there is a very fine white powder that collects under ONE of the element prongs. If we wipe it off, it forms again. It doesn't collect under the other prong of that...

View more questions Search