Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Dec 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Advertising a discount on auto body insurance deductible
    Is it illegal in the state of New Jersey, for an auto body shop, to advertise (flyers, mail outs) a discount on a customers insurance deductible?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2009, 12:05 PM

Hello r:

A body shop can discount their prices and call them anything they want. It doesn't matter. They're still just a discounted price.. There was a store here who advertised that they don't charge sales tax.. That doesn't mean the store doesn't PAY sales tax. It's just an advertising gimmick, like your body shop above. Both are perfectly legal.

excon
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Dec 28, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello r:

A body shop can discount their prices and call them anything they want. It doesn't matter. They're still just a discounted price.. There was a store here who advertised that they don't charge sales tax.. That doesn't mean the store doesn't PAY sales tax. It's just an advertising gimmick, like your body shop above. Both are perfectly legal.

excon
    Thank you excon! Greatly appreciated... I will pass on the advice. Happy new year
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2009, 06:19 PM

When a body shop discounts a deductible, it simply means that they will not charge the customer the full deductible. So, if a repair costs $1500 and the customer has a $500 deductible, the shop is getting $1000 from the insurance carrier. If they want to charge the customer less than $500 that is up to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deductible for hospital stay insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

I know what a deductible is. But what is the term "20% coinsurance after hospital deductible" What is 20% coinsurance mean?? Also it mentions"20% coinsurance up to a out of pocket maximum per contracted year of $1,500.00

Delaware traffic school course with auto insurance discount [ 3 Answers ]

If I do Delaware traffic school course can I get auto insurance discount. If I get auto insurance discount, what is the percentage and for how many years. Need complete information.

I am looking for a 92 honda civic body. Auto [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone has one juss laying around pleae give me a call 907-720-1985... I'll take the whole car nad juss strip it..

Advertising auto milage [ 1 Answers ]

what is the average miles per gallon for all new cars? Using consumers reports, a random sample of 35 new cars gave an average of 21.1 mpg. a.) Identify the variable b.) Is the variable quantitive or qualitative? c.) What is the implied population?

Is the cost on health insurance for F2 deductible from taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a F1-visa holder. My son, a F2-visa holder, who is less than 15 year old, came in the US last July. My husband has never been in the US. I have the following questions regarding taxes. 1. I bought health insurance for my son in the last Aug. Is this cost deductible from taxes? 2. I paid a...

View more questions Search