Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kylm_8836 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Statutory rape consent in winnipeg for a 21 year old female to date a 16 year old boy
    Im am a 16 year old boy going on 17 in a few months, I'm in a relationship with a 20 year old female, her parents and my parents agree with our relationship, can she be charged with statuatory rape?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 08:42 PM

Consent can not be given by anyone if one of the persons are under the age of consent. So if both people, and both sets of parents say it is OK, guess what it is still illegal. And if someone turns them in, the older one is off to jail.

So a friend that gets mad, an old girl or boyfriend, a parent changes their mind is someone gets pregnant, the last goes on.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 08:53 PM

Statutory rape charges are not in place to let the parents of a minor to get revenge. They are in place to prosecute people who have had sex with someone who is under age.

If a man lets me kill him, does that mean that it ISN'T still a murder?

Maybe in your area, 17 might be OK.

Dec 31, 2009, 10:59 PM

Well, how long would a sentence like that be in winnipeg,manitoba if she got charged for being 20 years old and I'm 16.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylm_8836 View Post
    Well, how long would a sentence like that be in winnipeg,manitoba if she got charged for being 20 years old and im 16.
    The short and simple answer is. The sentence is Life without the possibility of being shame free.

They can be branded a sex offender and face public execution by shame on a daily basis and the stigma that goes with it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2010, 08:55 AM

Canada's law is not cut and dried. Although the age of consent is 16, there is an issue of how the relationship originated. If this woman was in a position of influence over you (a boss, teacher, etc.) then she can still be charged.

Parental consent has no bearing.

Statutory rape occurs not by being in a relationship, but by having sexual relations with someone under the age of consent.

But, even if she is not guilty of statutory rape, there will always be a social stigma of "robbing the cradle". If you are truly in love (which I sincerely doubt) then you can wait the less than 2 years until you are 18.

Jan 18, 2010, 09:41 PM

Does this website have any experts on relationships who can answer questions I have?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylm_8836 View Post
    does this website have any experts on relationships who can answer questions i have?
    We have many relationship experts and many of us, although our title's don't show it, are relationship experts as well.

Just post your question in the relationship forum and we'll be more then happy to take a look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay for a 17 year old boy and a 14 year old girl to date? [ 20 Answers ]

I'm 14 and my boyfriend of 3 and a half years is 17, we haven't don't anything beyond kissing and we plan to keep it that way until I'm at the age of concent. I love him a lot, and he loves me too. We have talked about marriage and children, and he asked me to marry him. I said yes, but were...

Should a 11 year old girl be able to date 11 yr boy ? [ 49 Answers ]

help do you think a 11 year old can date I need answers please well like holding hands holding each other

Is there a law against a 12 year old boy having sex with my 12 year old daughter? [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter was conspiring with her 12 year old boyfriend to have sex (intercourse). Fortunately we found out in time and are now restricting her freedom appropriately. However, the mother of the boy would like him to apologize to us (the parents) and she wants me to put the fear of God...

20 year old male with 17 year old female in Ohio [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is 20 and the had sex with a 17 year old girl and her mom called the cops and supposedly filed a missing persons report but she wasn't gone for 24 hours . I called her mom and she said that the girl had admitted to them having sex and took her to the hospital and the found semen...

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

View more questions Search