Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redcrossrobbery Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Obscure animated movies
    Hello again guys. I had another question on some obscure old movies I remember from art class in elementary school.

The first was an animated film set in... perhaps spain? A group of children get a magical paintbrush from an old man, and whatever they draw comes to life? I remember a female redhead character crying in one scene, and I think I remember a boy drawing a ship and gold coins with the brush for the king of the city.

The other film was a very trippy film. It was set in a space like setting, with 3 factions. There were the proper red army, the gentle blue army, and the dangerous yellow army. The red leader was a fat man with a mustache, and the yellow leader was a female with big sunglasses, and claws on her hands. The blue nation had a hot air balloon and the red had a submarine I think for warfare? And they all attacked each other. There was little to no talking, but the yellow woman would make an awkward yelling sound at times. I remember at the end, all the colors ran together at the battle, and almost killed the main character as it poured out into space or something? And they all had to save him, and the yellow woman took off her glasses at the end or something?

Man... I don't know, it was weird though. Any of these sound familiar?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 05:51 PM

The first movie might be The Magic Paintbrush (1992) Check out the message board, someone mentions the gold coins...
    The second one sounds like Rainbow War
    redcrossrobbery Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 05:57 PM

Quinn, I've seen you answer on almost every movie post, and you are totally on top of your man. Yeah, I think that's it. Unfortunately, there isn't about it online :[

But from what I read on IMDB, that is totally it. I'll keep an eye open for anything I see on it. Thanks :]
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 06:12 PM

You're welcome :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure animated kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this as a kid, been driving me crazy trying to remember it! It's about this evil king (and he's fat with a pointed hat I think, and kind of looked like bluto from popeye). Basically he is destroying the forest with this giant evil-spikey-looking machine. And its got a castle,...

Obscure animated movies [ 5 Answers ]

All right, so I have had these two movies stuck in my head forever now, and I can't for the life of me remember their names. The first one was a story of... woodland creatures that wore clothes and could talk, and I remember there being some mice, and 1 character was a porcupine? I remember they...

Obscure Chidlren's Animated Movie [ 7 Answers ]

My parents rented an animated movie for me a few times when I was younger that I would like to find again. I watched it sometime between 1980-1986. It was about the same time in life when I saw Watership Down and The Last Unicorn. It left me with a strong emotion, one of feeling helpless,...

Obscure animated film [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I remember renting this movie twice and I can't remember the name of it. If memory serves me right the plot involved a number of alien shape shifters that wanted to take over earth. I don't remember too much, but I remember that the protagonists were a couple of little caterpillars and I...

Obscure 80s animated movie [ 6 Answers ]

A little boy wakes up to find his small home empty, and looks outside to see all the villagers turned to vaguely human-shaped, stone, blocky, tetris-like puzzle pieces and walking mindlessly along a downward sloping path toward the edge of town which rests along the seashore, where an evil wizard...

View more questions Search