Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redcrossrobbery Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Obscure animated movies
    All right, so I have had these two movies stuck in my head forever now, and I can't for the life of me remember their names.

The first one was a story of... woodland creatures that wore clothes and could talk, and I remember there being some mice, and 1 character was a porcupine? I remember they ended up building some sort of flying machine, and I only remember vague clips, but I think it being a little darker than most of the cartoons I remember as a child. But that's all I remember. For some reason, the title reminded me of "The Rescuers" but I am not talking about that series with the mice; rescuers, and rescuers down under. I thought it was a 2 part name, "the ______s" which doesn't help at all, but trying to get everything I remember in :]

The second film was about a boy... who had some sort of magic? Maybe a green thumb or something? And he had a pig nose I think? Anyway, he is in this village, and an evil... woman? And some sort of sidekick trick him into something. I think he gets turned to stone, or tricked into betraying the village and kicked out, or something along those lines.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:18 PM

First one is Once Upon a Forest (1993)

Sorry I have no idea about the second one
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 05:22 PM

The second one sounds like A Troll in Central Park (1994)

Dec 22, 2009, 05:26 PM

Thank you so much Albear. Right on the money. Been phuggin looking for that film for about 3 years now to no avail. Worked in 3 different movie stores (Not for that reason mind you) and idly checked each store and couldn't find anything that matched with my memory haha.

Dec 22, 2009, 05:28 PM
    And no Quinn, after posting, I realized what I posted sounded a lot like that film, and I remember that one, and it wasn't it. That one is a very fuzzy memory, so I hate that I can't say more.

If I remember correctly, most of the film, or at least the ending important scenes were all in winter? Maybe the bad guy (The lady) controlled winter or something? I think my memories of the movie are crossing over with memories of a troll in central park, but I do remember snow being a very important factor to the movie. Maybe she froze the main character in ice? It was set in an medievalish time age.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:37 PM

Welcome :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure Animated TV Show from 1990s? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Folks, My wife is going crazy (and dragging me along with her) trying to remember the name of a TV show from around 15-20 years ago. Here's what we know... 1) It had a snobby little girl who demands, "I WANT A PONY!" The dad buys her one, and it literally falls apart (guts and all)...

Obscure Chidlren's Animated Movie [ 7 Answers ]

My parents rented an animated movie for me a few times when I was younger that I would like to find again. I watched it sometime between 1980-1986. It was about the same time in life when I saw Watership Down and The Last Unicorn. It left me with a strong emotion, one of feeling helpless,...

Obscure animated film [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I remember renting this movie twice and I can't remember the name of it. If memory serves me right the plot involved a number of alien shape shifters that wanted to take over earth. I don't remember too much, but I remember that the protagonists were a couple of little caterpillars and I...

Obscure 80s animated movie [ 6 Answers ]

A little boy wakes up to find his small home empty, and looks outside to see all the villagers turned to vaguely human-shaped, stone, blocky, tetris-like puzzle pieces and walking mindlessly along a downward sloping path toward the edge of town which rests along the seashore, where an evil wizard...

Obscure animated flick, have fun with this one. [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I've been searching the internet for years trying to figure this one out and I've come up with nothing so here goes. We've got this town, a boy in blue pops in at night plays a flute and the adults turn into building blocks for the castle of some form of evil. I don't recall the meat of...

View more questions Search