Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeanneh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 06:29 PM
    t8 lighting troubleshooting
    A t8 lighting fixture with two each lighting tubes, both tubes quit working at same time.
    Does this mean the ballast needs to be replaced? Do I need to try to replace just one of the tubes?
    Thanks,
    Jeanne
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 07:30 PM

When one tube goes out, the other one does too, you can try this when you get a fresh lamp. It may go completely out or flicker.

In general, it makes sense to replace both tubes at the same time.

If they don't work, replace the ballast.

Sometimes the tubes were'nt installed properly and one may have fallen out of the socket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Triton troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Triton combi hp thermostatic mixer shower.water lukewarm at hot setting and not very good pressure.tried changing shower head no difference.any ideas?

Side by side Frigidaire refrigerator lighting troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a Frigidaire refrigerator phl39eesso model that is working but lights inside went out even the display, already change the top control but the problem persist, please need help thanks . victor

Troubleshooting. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to trouble shoot an older computer I inherited. I am completely new to PCs. At any rate it has two problems that are possibly relateed. 1. The image the monitor (I have tried 2 different working monitors) has a bunch of red (sometimes grey) vertical lines across the screen which...

Second HD troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's the skinny... Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it. ...

View more questions Search