Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brucelamb2023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 07:24 PM
    My lights won't work and a power outlet is out
    I have a hanging light in the living room that 2 different switches control. I also have an outside light that one of the switches controls as well. Neither light works, and I also have a power outlet that won't work, but one on another wall that does work. I have checked all the breakers and can't find one that is out.
    mcad Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2009, 07:29 PM

You could possibly be tied in with an outdoor GFI receptacle. At my home, when the receptacle on the back porch trips, it kills all power in the living room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

Outlets have power, lights work, won't run tools [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all this is my first time here. My problem is in my detached garage that has its own elec service separate from the house (I get 2 bills). 100 amp service in the garage and 200 amp in the house. I tried to install a garage door opener and the outlets in my garage won't run it, the...

Two lights and a (outlet continuous) [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hook up two lights and a outlet? The power goes into the light box. The wire is 14/2 the switch is single pole and the power to the outlet needs to be continuous. The lights are in the basement keyless plastic lamp holder Thanks

Electric outlet will only work with lights on [ 6 Answers ]

I have two electric outlets in bathrooms that only work when the light switch is on. The master bedroom bath electric outlets work when the light switch is off. What can I do to get the electric outlets to work when the light switch is off? I have a little knowledge in dealing with electricity.

Wire Motor for 220 outlet Power from 110 power [ 1 Answers ]

I need to wire this sander for 220 power and do not understand the diagram well enough. Currently I believe it is wired for 110 shown in picture. Please advise about correct wiring for 220. Thank you 2 attachments

View more questions Search