Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanS2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Comfortmaker RPJ problems
    I have a 13 yr old Comfortmaker RPJ II gas furnace controlled by a Honeywell digital thermostat. I have it programmed to turn on at 5:30AM. Lately, the furnace is not turning on (igniting, firing, blowing) in the morning even though its cold enough and the thermostat is sending a signal to the furnace to turn on. When I cycle power on the furnace by unplugging and plugging the main power cord, it immediately fires up and works properly for the rest of the day and evening. However, the next morning the problem starts all over and I need to cycle power again to get it to work. The furnace is in the attic. Any suggestions? Could their be a bad temp sensor that is disabling the system and gets reset when I cycle power? Thanks for your help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 03:04 PM
    If it has a flame sensor clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmaker Furnace Help [ 4 Answers ]

My Comfortmaker Furance (GUG070A012N) will not always kick-in at the set temp level. The Thermostat is verified operational and good. Most times the heat will kick in, but the fan blower will not run. If I remove the panel and spin the fan manually, sometimes this will engage the fan and the...

Comfortmaker RPJ11 [ 8 Answers ]

Just moved in the air works fine, now that it is cold we turned on the heater and No HEAT, Can you please help my hands are frozen and my wife in kicking me out the house if I blow this one. The name is Comfortmaker RPJ 11, Can't see any fames, hear motor running.

Comfortmaker furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace has been working fine, but now all of a sudden only one of the three burners will ignite. This does not happen all the time, What could be the problem

Comfortmaker [ 1 Answers ]

Not cooling

Comfortmaker [ 1 Answers ]

My Unit Has A Loud Running Noise And Upon Shut Down There's A Loud Clank Sound... What Could It Be

View more questions Search