Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Najma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 11:44 AM
    I am trying for almost two years. But the doctors dignose me a large fibroid on my uterus. I don't think this is the cause but I decided to remove the fibroid and pray my god. Please tell me if you have anything like this also caused infertility/
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Hello,
    I had Fibromyalgia that was diagnosed when I was 22 years old. My doctor told me I would not ever get pregnant and if by some chance I would, that the pregnancy would self terminate. I had laser surgery to burn off the fibroids and a few months later became pregnant. I did end up losing that child between my fifth and sixth month. The fibroids grew back and I had the laser surgery again and to make a long story short, had two children, born seven years apart. The battle with the fibroids finally ended with a total hysterectomy - one of the fibroids had overgrown an ovary and exploded in my uterus. The decision for the hysterectomy was not easy to make, I was only 34 at the time but knew I was not going to have more children. We did adopt one child later.
    Medicine now is so much more advanced than it was in the late 1980's. I think there are more treatments available.
    As to what caused all this? No one could tell me what exactly did. Factors for me were being overweight and being on birth control. Everyone is different.
    I truly wish you all the best. May your prayers be answered.
    CuriousbutShy Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Hello,
    I had Fibromyalgia that was diagnosed when I was 22 years old. My doctor told me I would not ever get pregnant and if by some chance I would, that the pregnancy would self terminate. I had laser surgery to burn off the fibroids and a few months later became pregnant. I did end up losing that child between my fifth and sixth month. The fibroids grew back and I had the laser surgery again and to make a long story short, had two children, born seven years apart. The battle with the fibroids finally ended with a total hysterectomy - one of the fibroids had overgrown an ovary and exploded in my uterus. The decision for the hysterectomy was not easy to make, I was only 34 at the time but knew I was not going to have more children. We did adopt one child later.
    Medicine now is so much more advanced than it was in the late 1980's. I think there are more treatments available.
    As to what caused all this? No one could tell me what exactly did. Factors for me were being overweight and being on birth control. Everyone is different.
    I truly wish you all the best. May your prayers be answered.
    Hi there, sorry to bring up an older thread, but how did you know you had Fibromyalgia? What were your symptoms that resulted in visiting the doctor?
    Thanks
    CuriousButShy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling after 3 years? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband & I bought our first home 3 years ago. We both feel that we got in over our heads. It's a struggle every month to pay our mortgage. Our finances are very tight. We don't live extravagantly & only have the basics. We don't even have a car payment. The PMI added on our mortgage is...

5 years... [ 11 Answers ]

I've held on to someone for almost 5 years I can't let him go, I even sabatoge his new relationships(not on purpose) he visited me his girlfriend got mad and dumped him I talk to him almost everyday online but I can't tell him so I just don't say anything. I can't kepp going on like this. Should...

Been together for 7 years. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancée for 7 years and now I have recently found out that he had cheated on me with 3 different girls. We have 3 beautifull daughters and I currently don't work. When I found out the details two of the chicks were when I was living with my folks out of state for a while and...

So what that we are 30 years apart! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 60 and I'm 30. We have been together for 2 happy years. My family is OK with the 30 year age diffrence but it is the public that seems to have the problem. When people look at us right in the face rudley should I say something or just enjoy being with the man I love. It's hard......

View more questions Search