Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Decent deal?
    Hello all,

I recently found out my furnace heat exchanger is cracked so I am in the process of getting a new one. Seeing as I am currently without steady heat (using space heaters) I am kind of time crunched and can't do as extensive price shopping as I would like. I have talked to 5 places and for a 95% AFUE furnace and 14 1/2 SEER 2.5 ton AC system the best price I have found is ~5000. I say approximate because he originally priced a 2 ton unit but ours struggles as it is so 2.5 made more sense, he said a couple hundred more would be all the difference. Is this a good price? Thanks for any inputs on this.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 01:12 AM
    Price depends upon local markets and I suggest you do not take the cheapest estimate but search for the best qualified contractor to do the install. Items to look for.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf How to pick a Contractor.pdf (309.7 KB, 109 views)
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 01:26 AM
    It happens that the contractor is the guy we have gone to multiple times and trust him. That is why I am confident in using him for this. Just wasn't sure what average prices tend to be.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 05:59 AM
    we have gone to multiple times and trust him. That is why I am confident in using him for this

I understand but you said you trust him and I sense a bit of mistrust on your part. LOL Your best bet to make sure that little bit of mistrust you have goes away is to call around locally and get two other prices. This way you will get accurate information and feel good about the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a decent price for what I am offered? [ 8 Answers ]

We live in a double-wide mobile home and have been here 4.5 years. This home is approximately 20 years (?) old and has original AC unit with heat strips (no heat pump) and original ductwork. To complicate things, we are on 5 acres of woods with LOTs of animals like possuum, raccoon, armadillo and...

Will I ever find a decent guy? [ 13 Answers ]

I like this question asking thing. (: Since I live in this crappy neighborhood, all the guys here are just stupid. The high school guys, and the guys my age too. Now, I'm pretty mature for my age, in my opinion, and a lot of other people agree too. People say I should stick to guys my age,...

Getting a decent Job [ 11 Answers ]

My husband was wrongly a accused of a sexual crime and served 3 yrs in prison for it.He was set up by his ex-wife. His cousin was the one who committed the crime and they had his and my husband records combined in one. Because they both had the same name but different middle names that start with...

Can anyone recommend a decent mobo [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a new motherboard for my computer as the gateway one that I have just now simply isn't good enough and is fussy with ram. I'm looking for one that can hold 2gb-8gb ram and can be either intel or amd. I was thinking of the asus commando board but I'm unsue of it.;) ;)

Some decent image edits [ 2 Answers ]

I get junk every day... only a rare few are worth passing along...

View more questions Search