Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
    Adult paternity testing
    Does an adult (Daughter) have the right to a paternity test from an unwilling (father) parent?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
    Under certain circumstances she may be able to sue for the right. We'd need to know more about the circumstances to judge.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 06:39 PM
    I'm not sure on this one. Is the woman/daughter trying to prove that the man/father in question is in fact her biological father? Why is there cause for doubt? Why, other than curiosity, does the daughter want to know? Since the daughter in question is an adult, I don't know if a judge would order him to submit to a paternity test or not. Speak with a family law attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing motions for paternity testing [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here. I am not a lawyer and don't know enough about what I am going through. My fiance' has a child of one year old and has just been sued for child support. We can not afford a lawyer... it's just that simple. She has free legal aid and we just want to know for sure that she is his...

Adult paternity rights [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an adult have to leagally force the issue of establishing paternity? The father listed on the birth certificate it incorrect. If the adult child has no rights can a grandchild or great-grandchild force the issue, even if only for medical and corrected document reasons?

Adult child paternity rights? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have any right to determine who my father is? I am 32 years old, and have been trying tactfully to contact the man who is said to be my father. I want nothing more from him than the truth... is he my father? If he is, all I am looking for is family tree information and...

Paternity [ 5 Answers ]

Are there chances that a judge will not oder you to have a paternity test taken? If so, on what grounds.

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

View more questions Search