Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ForeverMallo Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 05:13 PM
    Starting mono.
    Can I just say my problems. And get honest answers, without judgement. Please don't come on here and tell me "not to do it". "Love your skin". Because your waisting your time. I was born with very fair skin, unfortunately since I grew up in Africa. Long days sun bathing out on the beach caused really bad sun damage and major discoloration. First, I'm schedualing chemical peels. To smooth out any bump and have healthy skin before I begin the depig process. Then I plan to use monobenzone. I know I'll turn white. And my facial complexion will support that color beautifully, since I was naturally very white. So that's it, that's my goal. To get my white skin back. Now It's a very mentaly aching journey doubts, but I know the big part is ahead. Another problem is trying to find a reputable source to get my monobenzone. I've heard of Anil. I've heard positive things to, Should I or should I not order from him? I have many postivies in my life, but my skin is always the first thing I see before I sleep and before I wake. I don't think I could go on without it being fixed.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 05:25 PM

Well, this is the skin lightening forum so we understand your need to lighten since our goals are similar one way or another. I hope the peels goes very well for you. Wherever you choose, please avoid getting anything from Anil. He is a seller and may sell you fake mono for an expensive price, maybe someone will tell you valid information for mono source. Mequinol 20%/tretinoin 0.1% can also depig the skin and there are reliable sources for that as well.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2009, 08:20 PM

Monobenzone doesn't lighten, it depigments the skin erratically and incompletely. If you had extensive vitiligo, your body will tend to pick up where monobenzone falls short.

If you didn't have vitiligo, you'll be left a patchwork of colors, including hyperpigmented ones.

Until somebody, anybody shows otherwise.

Dec 7, 2009, 02:31 PM

I'm looking at Michael Jackson pictures and it seemed to the job for him. I'm not in love or dependent on mono. But my research points that being the most effective. Lets push mono out of the picture. Whatelse out there that I can use to turn white? Something effective
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 05:29 PM
    I previously mentioned mequinol 20%/tretinoin 0.1% can also depig the skin and there are reliable sources for that as well.

As Golden boy stated, mono may leave you in a patch work of colors and you'll constantly have to lighten w/ an additional lightener to fade the re-pigmented areas continuously, even after yopu depig. Michael Jackson still had to rely on hq to lighten the areas w/ pigment even though he depigmented.

(solage) mequinol 2%/tretinoin can lighten the skin without depigmenting, especially you being fair naturally already.

After your peels and later using tretinoin (retin-a) or aha peels along with a good sunblock high in spf may lighten you enough that you may not want to use anything afterwords. I doubt you'll need anything drastic to reach your goal. As long as you focus on removing your permatan & sunblock, then go from there.

Dec 7, 2009, 08:07 PM

Golden_Girl thank you for coming to my aid. I don't know if you know this but I'm so frustrated. I'm so happy with all my life. I live a great life, but my skin is always that negative factor and I just want it fixed. If you don't mind to PM me. You're a major life saver. And I don't know if you remeberd about my MEGAN FOX post. How in someway I want to achieve her lvl of fairness, do you think that's possible without mono?
    ishq Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2009, 08:35 PM

Didn't michael jackson have Vitiligo which enabled final depigmentation with monobenzone to work so extensively (yet still not universally) for him?

Note advocates of monobenzone use for skin lightening, generally tend to claim michael jackson did not have vitiligo.

What did his autopsy confirm, if anything?
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 08:48 PM

Yes, that is true Mj had vitiligo. I don't know about mj's autopsy other than him being poisoned from his dr. but there are before pics during his early years of his vitiligo spots showing... one of the reasons of why he wore his famous glove.

Thanks ForeverMallo, yes feel free to pm me whenever you like. Reaching Meagan Fox's complexion will be a challenge. I wouldn't suggest mono because that will remove all traces of color with no undertones. It may be possible for you to reach close to her shade, possibly hq 4%/retin-a or mequinol/retin-a, but it will not happen over night. It will take a lot of invested time as well as trial and error.

But you'll also have to take into consideration of how you will look at that fair shade and your facial features. Some people look their most beautiful in other shades that are more bronze, golden, light mocha. And less attractive in other shades regardless of being fairer, other factors comes into play.

Dec 7, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I previously mentioned mequinol 20%/tretinoin 0.1% can also depig the skin and there are reliable sources for that as well. .
    Where?
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Where?
    On this thread on the #2 post, last sentence.

Dec 7, 2009, 08:54 PM

OK Thanks sis ;) Hey but I mean where from? I have only seen Mequinol 10%
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 09:01 PM

Oh. I know goldpharma has it, but maybe there's is 10%. I believe I saw it somewhere else that seemed to also be reliable, but I'll have to search again, can't remember the name. I know alldaychemist doesn't have it because I previously asked them.

Dec 7, 2009, 09:03 PM

Thanks nevemi and I don't know why I ask, I'm not interested in using it I'm just surprised it is available so high considering Solage is only 2% not 20.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 09:07 PM

I would think the mequinol 20% would be bought pure, have to be made into a formula, measured at 20%, and later add the tretinoin?

Dec 8, 2009, 02:43 PM

20% Mequinol? I searched and all that comes up is disfigurements, confetti depigmentation.

Dec 8, 2009, 06:10 PM

it may be possible for you to reach close to her shade, possibly hq 4%/retin-a or mequinol/retin-a, but it will not happen over night. it will take a lot of invested time as well as trial and error.

I've never heard of these products as much as I have of Mono. And do you think with 100 percent effort how long it will take. By 100 percent effort I mean, no sun exposure, product use at all time and dermatologist check ups. And I also heard of mixing mono into a more oily base so you can spread evenly without the patches.

Dec 8, 2009, 06:19 PM

People have been talking about mono since 5 years ago here on AMHD.

Searched, and have yet to see a single success story. Just sellers.

Given 100 percent effort, they still seem to only be happy during the initual months 1-3 then become depressed or suicidal over the massive disfigurement that sets in thereafterwards, for several years later.
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Dec 8, 2009, 08:04 PM

I definitely wouldn't start using just Monobenzone, especially if you have a darker than wheatish skin color. Not only will it mess your even tone, but also be extremely slow, cost many tubes, and possibly provide no results whatsoever.

Monobenzone is indeed a depigmenter, and therefore using it on melanin-filled skin provides slower than expected results. I would aim towards lightening my skin as much as possible through temporary to semi-permanent solutions, and use Monobenzone at a stage where it won't provide harsh results, should patches appear. This will also provide maximum results in the long run.

Dec 9, 2009, 03:03 PM

lilgreg1. So your suggesting, I start using weaker lightners then build to mono? I see the logic. If I use hydroquinen and I become fair, and I want to complete the process then maybe mono can help for that. I don't know what I'm going to do, that's why I'm on here. How about hydroquinen, how does that compare to mono?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 04:15 PM

Forevermallo take my advice stay away ffrom mono, you will only end up with white spots like me and complete regret, do high percentage hq it will get you white in no time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I still Tan after getting to my desired shade? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, After achieving my desired shade will my skin tan if I were to go out in the sun? Or remain the same. Because my biggest issue is that I can get really tanned. My skin tone is the same Rachael bilson. Here is a pic...

Is Anyone here Really using MONO? [ 1 Answers ]

It's like the more I hear warnings about it, the more I'm interested in it! 1, How long have you been using it? 2, What percent and with what else? 3, How is it going? This article and pic scared me away for now, happy haloween!

Do not do mono! [ 47 Answers ]

I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.....

Mono [ 2 Answers ]

Alternative medicines for mono in a 16 year old of homopathic sures for such

View more questions Search