Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 6, 2009, 05:11 AM
    How can we tell that God loves us?
    Our limited minds can't comprehend God's love because it comes with no strings attached. He doesn't love us 'if,' but 'in spite of.' As a parent you may not approve of your child's behaviour, but you always love and accept them.

Paul asks, 'Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love?'(Romans 8:35 NLT).Then he answers, '... I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love...'(Romans 8:38).

Doesn't that blow your mind? We have just enough ego to believe there are certain sins God can't get over; like the ones we never commit. Do you remember the Pharisee in the temple who prayed, '... "God, I thank You that I am not like other men; extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or... this tax collector [standing next to me]" ' (Luke 18:11 NKJV).

Understand this: God's standard is perfection, and you couldn't reach it in a thousand lifetimes! Grace is the only hope any of us have. Our love for God relates to the level of the forgiveness we've received from Him. The Pharisees were shocked that Jesus would allow a woman with a bad reputation to kneel at His feet, bathing them with her tears and drying them with her hair. They thought, '... "If Jesus were a prophet, he would know that the woman...is a sinner!"' (Luke 7:39 NCV). No, it wasn't that Jesus didn't know, it was that He didn't care. 'And he said unto her, "Thy sins are forgiven"'(Luke 7:48 NKJV). Then He gives us the bottom line: '... to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little' (Luke 7:47-48 KJV). And what should our response to God's love be? 'This is love for God: to obey his commands... ' (1 John 5:3 NIV).

God loves you, He really does!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 9, 2009, 07:28 PM

Sometimes that message gets lost in all this talk about hell and being obedient.

G&P
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 10, 2009, 10:43 AM

Very true. Many christians today only want an escape from hell. This message directs us to the true message - That God really loves us, and He wants us to love Him back!

Do You Know the truth about Jesus?? Click here
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 14, 2009, 04:52 PM
    There is a old- old song called "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The
    Bible Tells Me So" . I learned this song when I was about 4 years old,
    I am now 78, and all my years I have loved, and feared the Lord.
    It is the good life.

The Lord hates sin, because of what it does to us, it steals, kills, and
    Destroys us. But Jesus came to give us life and a life more abundantly,
    And that is a life of Love.
    Until we come to understand and believe at our deepest, intermost level
    That God is love, we will struggle with trusting Him, yielding to Him
    Wholeheartedly. One of the keys to our spiritul growth as a Christian
    Is believing in God's love even when we cannot see it. Our most
    Important dwelling place is God's love.

Love, and Blessings Maggie 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must marriage be Legal to be blessed by God. [ 9 Answers ]

I am in California, and go to a First Baptist Church. I was married to a man who was killed in the line of duty in Iraq. I have a son and daughter by him. I am engaged to a man who is divorced and we share a daughter with each other. We had our daughter before we entered our church. Now we...

I have a simple question about God and the Devil [ 9 Answers ]

I read some question earlier about whether I believe in the Devil or not. I'm not Christian so I don't really care. But I've heard sooo many debates about this, that I can't help but to wonder. Why do they say that the devil is a monster guy with horns and a tail. Red and lives underground?...

Loves me but loves someone else too she thinks [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for a while now. I love this girl and she says she does too. But I found out that she had feelings for her best friend and she said she realized she was in love with him after she found out she was in love with me. Hes a friend also a good guy too but he says...

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

View more questions Search