Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shahkyre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Getting rid of light blonde hair dye
    I have naturally dark blonde hair, but last night I dyed it light blonde, although now I don't like it-its too yellowy ginger :( is there anyway of trying to get rid of it (its permenant) like washing with washing up liquid/dish soap? Or baking soda mixed with shampoo? I have been looking but can't find any thing that's specifically for blonde hair dye-most are related to dye that's gone too dark. PLEASE HELP ME I don't want to have to dye it again, I want to get back to my natural colour, or at least find a non-chemical way to darken the dye I now have in my hair. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks xx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 12, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Permanent color won't wash out, but it will fade or grow out over time. If have you lightened your and want your natural color back. You will need to apply a color of your natural shade on your hair. It's known as a "tint back" It's going to be tricky to achieve a natural color. I recommend that you go to the salon. The hairstylist will choose the right shade and try to match your natural color. Good luck.
    shahkyre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Permanent color won't wash out, but it will fade or grow out over time. If have you lightened your and want your natural color back. You will need to apply a color of your natural shade on your hair. It's known as a "tint back" It's going to be tricky to achieve a natural color. I recommend that you go to the salon. The hairstylist will choose the right shade and try to match your natural color. Good luck.

Thanks! I will go to a hairdressers if I can't get used to it. Thanks for the help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

Getting rid of midnight black hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went to walmart and bought a hair dye kit for the first time just to do something spontaniously. I have medium brown hair and I dyed it midnight black. I really dislike the color, it is too dark. I just realized I am in a wedding in 10 days and I am wearing silver. Help!! I need to get...

View more questions Search