Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mapawong Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 03:39 PM
    2001 Mercury Sable fuel pump
    On a 2001 Mercury Sable, how do you test a fuel pump off the car?

Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 10:16 AM

The only off car test will be to see if it can turn. You won't be able to do pressure or volume testing until it's installed.
    Are you testing your old pump or a new one?
    What are the vehicle symptoms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel pump testing-2001 Mercury Sable [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Mercury Sable that has been sitting for two months while I was in the hospital... I went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't turn over. It was not getting any gas. I checked the fuel filter, fuel pump fuse and relay and the emergency switch in the trunk... they are all good. I can't...

2001 Mercury Sable won't start up [ 1 Answers ]

On a 2001 Mercury Sable, if the fuel pump doesn't make a sound after the ignition is turned on, does that mean it is bad? If the fuel pressure regulator is bad, will the fuel pump still come on or make a sound? I really need help. I can't start up my car... Thanks in advance.

2001 Mercury Sable fuel filter [ 1 Answers ]

On a 2001 Mercury Sable fuel filter there are three lines... one going in from the gas tank and two going out to the fuel rail and/or injectors. What is this third line for and could it possibly be the reason I cannot get any gas to start the car? Electrical is good, fuel pressure is good @42, fuel...

View more questions Search