Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kestel528 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 10:40 PM
    Furnace problems
    My unit is about 9yrs old. It's an Evcon/Coleman... The problem is that when you set the temp. it will kick on but there is no fire through the little window. It will not light at all. Could something need cleaned or adjusted and if so how do I go about doing it. I am somewhat mechanically inclined. Just need some advise and direction. I can't afford to call a Tech. Thanks!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 10:41 PM
    Did you see if it was a standing pilot? How many wires go into the burner chamber?

Nov 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by standing pilot. It has 6 wires.

Nov 17, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Also the ignition box is clicking on and off then on and off. There is a piece of metal that you can see that gets cherry red and some times it will ignite and some times it cuts back off. Hope this helps!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Yes that helps. It sounds like you have a hot surface ignition furnace. The problem is still difficult to diagnose by what I now know. It could be a pressure switch problem, a venting problem or a dirty flame sensor. Hope this helps.

Jan 4, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Hey thanks for the information. Come to find out it was the ignition module... had to be replaced... I really appreciate the help... I did learn a lot about my furnace and I cleaned it out real good... So anyway, just wanted to let you know... It is up and running great! Regards, James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace problems [ 21 Answers ]

Hi - I have a Goodman GPM furnace. It works intermittently. I replaced breaker, thermostat, Control board and surface igniter. All appears well on start up sequence ; blower runs and igniter heats up and then turns off as no gas comes out. Control board codes says OK. Can anybody recommend what to...

Gas Furnace problems [ 7 Answers ]

My Evcon/Coleman propane furnace is starting up but the pilot lite will not ignite... When you set it to come on it kicks on but there is no fire through the peep hole.It is about 11 years old. Does anyone have any advise on what the problem could be?

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have what looks to be a old steam boiler. Any recommendations? I was told that I needed about 100,000 btu's. I know that I will have to get the system size correctly to be sure. But I wanted to find out if there is any particular brands that are good before I start getting quotes. I personal...

New furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have got an old furnace I am going to have to replace eventually. I was looking for general advice right now what I should know when finding someone to replace it. I don't want to get into a situation where it will cost me thousands of dollars when I don't need to. I have a gas furnace with hot...

View more questions Search