Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salbert574 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Refrigerator odor caused by melted plastic
    Accidentally dropped plastic spatula in dishwasher and it melted can't get odor out of appliance. What do you do?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 10, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Ive had this happen a time or two.

Scrape/remove as much as the melted plastic off the element and heating areas as possible. Once you allow the machine to cool, the plastic should almost lift right off. Give it time, the smell will gradually go away.

The longest Ive had to contend with a melted plastic smell is a couple of days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

Help my crown caused my teeth to Shift! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a root canal about a year ago. I just noticed that it made my teeth shift. I thought it was too tight before but it was the second time I had it done because the first one cracked and had enough of the dentist. I didn't realize it would cause this. Does anyone know if my Dentist...

Melted shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Zurn shower drain that is made form abs and tried to attach this to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe, but when I did the pvc cement melted the hub of the drain. What was the correct way to attach these similar plastics together?

View more questions Search