Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Help I am in pain
    I broke off part of my frenck nail and it also riped off most of my real nail and if I don't pull it off will it reattach? I need to know I don't have any inc. and I don't know what to do I wash it with jerm killing soap but it hurts bad... help me someone... :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Do you mean you broke your french nail?

You do not have any inc? Insurance?

Nov 10, 2006, 07:23 PM
    Yes insurance it just hurts to type... but no the french nail I pulled the nail under it my real nail back littleover half way...
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 07:27 PM
    Sorry gal, it will not reattach itself, it is not your natural nail.

Yes, it hurts, I have been there too. The skin under the nailbed has most likely never been exposed to the outside.

I don't understand about the insurance though.

The best you can do is wrap it with a bandaid and wait for it to heal. Yes it will hurt and throb for a while, but such is the life with "fake" nails. I had that happen too many times to remember.

I feel your pain.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Oh, Another thing is do not use germ killing soap to wash it. You need to use other things to prevent infection.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 10, 2006, 08:12 PM
    I agree, anti-bacterial soap is very drying, and will as well destroy any beneficial bacteria and such as well.
    I'm not entirely sure whether the pulled back part will re-attach, but it will eventually grow out, leaving a healthy nail. Just be careful of fungal infection in particular. Vitamin E can be good to prevent this after things have had some time to heal.
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 08:14 PM
    Ah, the pulled back part of the natural nail!! 1

Thank you Thomas,

No that will not reattach. Once pulled from the nail bed it is a complete detachment. However, be assured that it will grow back.

Nov 10, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Thank you everyone!! I am glad I have people to ask this and other stuff about and I am thinkful god bless you all...
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 10, 2006, 10:36 PM
    You're very welcome. And thank you. God bless you as well. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain under crown [ 7 Answers ]

About 6 months ago I had a root canal and crown put on. About a week ago that tooth started getting sore. What is the problem?

Breast pain... please help [ 1 Answers ]

Hiii... I got Breast pain since 5 days before my periods and 7 days after conception 2 days before my periods date, I am getting a brownish discharge... what could be the reason? Could I be pregnant? But in doctor's office 3 days ago it showed a negative result... doctor said it is too early...

In pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a hernia repair and a gauze was inserted surgeon has damaged nerve in leg and groin, shooting pains in leg like a needle inside this was last may.can it b cured?and if so how?they keep giving me pills to take help please

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

View more questions Search