Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbartlet Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Artist identification
    This painting was found in the attic of an old house in Connecticut and cleaned up. We know nothing about it or the artist. The monogram is clear, but not easily legible.

It's obviously the Hudson Valley School style and probably second half 19th century.

ANY help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 29, 2009, 04:54 PM
    See pictures attached.
    Attached Images

Dec 16, 2009, 03:15 PM

OK - I've had other people tell me it's NOT the Hudson River School...

I've heard Barbizon tossed around. And general consensus that it's European.

Jun 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
    I'm still hunting for this. Reviving all of my boards to see if anyone new is paying attention

Jun 26, 2017, 05:25 PM
    *bump... still no hits!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2017, 06:12 PM
    Take the painting or, more likely, a good photo of it, to your local public library's reference desk. Ask them for help in IDing it.

Check on Asher Brown Durand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Signature/Artist Identification [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received the following painting from my Grandmother and need help identifying the artist (see attached signature and painting images). My knowledge of the painting's history is limited. It was previously acquired by the daughter of Emerson Price (book critic of the Cleveland Press). ...

Artist Identification [ 5 Answers ]

I have a painting That was painted by someone by the name of Riggs who apparrently studied in New York and Paris and developed a unique abstract expressionist style of vibrant color and heavy impasto for a sculptural feeling. Apparently he has had one-man shows in New York, Chicago, San Francisco,...

Engraving, Artist Proof, Artist Signiture Identification [ 13 Answers ]

15854 15855 I found this artist proof at a local thrift store. It's entitled "Lady Godiva". I think it's an engraving? It's numbered a/p II 2/8. It is a very interesting piece with "erotic hidden images" throughout. Someone told me it falls into the catigory of "ambiguous erotic art". Would...

View more questions Search