Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dararamm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 03:59 PM
    I have a simple question about God and the Devil
    I read some question earlier about whether I believe in the Devil or not.
    I'm not Christian so I don't really care.
    But I've heard sooo many debates about this, that I can't help but to wonder.
    Why do they say that the devil is a monster guy with horns and a tail. Red and lives underground?
    If people would actually read the Bible, they would know that the Devil doesn't really do much while the almighty God kills billions of people.
    And the Devil and God are suppose to be the complete opposites to each other.
    God being all good and the devil being all bad.
    If God made man in his picture. Does that mean that the Devil is in fact a female.
    The Devil is suppose to be seductive and trying to get you to sin and stuff.
    Does that mean that the Devil is a beautiful, seductive female demon while God is an ugly, fat male god?
    Sorry, if I'm being unclear. But I couldn't get this thought out of my head.
    Would love to hear anyone's thought on this ^^
    Jo!!! Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 04:17 PM

I suffered amphetamine induced physchosis in 1996 which was mainly centered around God and the Devil, good and bad, positive and negative. Why do they say THE devil ( it automatically makes it sound bad) How do we know God is good and the Devil is bad it could actually be the other way round. I came to the conclusion that the only way there is ever going to be world peace and love is if The Devil and God come to gether and sort out their differences. You can't have good without bad you can't have positive without negative, the only alternative is to join them together and create a balance. God and the devil should get married!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 04:32 PM

Pitch forks and red suits are all TV, and advertising, just like St Nick being a fat man in a red suit
    And of course the red nose reigndeer.

And Jesus being blonde hair and blue eyes is just all created by man for his own uses.

And man kills man, death is just part of being human and having been born, We of course make our own choices and those can lead us down a road.

The devil was at one time one of the highest angels, and was one of the most beautiful angels of all.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dararamm View Post
    I read some question earlier about whether I believe in the Devil or not.
    I'm not Christian so I don't really care.
    But others might.

But I've heard sooo many debates about this, that I can't help but to wonder.
    Why do they say that the devil is a monster guy with horns and a tail. Red and lives underground?
    The devil is sometimes described as a man with goat's horns and feet. Like the zephyr's of Greek mythology. The reason being that he is likened to the evil "goats" of Matt 25:
    Matthew 25:33
    And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

The goats on the left represent reprobate humanity who is doomed to hell. Thus, Satan is represented as their father.

The goat metaphor also derives from the Old Testament practice of the "scape" goat. Wherein the sins of the people were placed on a goat's back and sent into the desert.
    Leviticus 16:8
    And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

Therefore the Devil is often portrayed as a goat or with goatlike characteristics.

If people would actually read the Bible, they would know that the Devil doesn't really do much while the almighty God kills billions of people.
    Not exactly. The Devil corrupted all of humanity by corrupting the father and mother of the human race, Adam and Eve.

You say that God kills millions, but the fact is that God gives life to those millions and when He takes their life back, He is simply taking back what is His. But if Satan had not corrupted humanity, then humanity would use the grace of life according to God's will and God would not need to take it back.

And the Devil and God are suppose to be the complete opposites to each other.
    Correct.

God being all good and the devil being all bad.
    Correct.

If God made man in his picture.
    Genesis 1:27
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Does that mean that the Devil is in fact a female.
    The Devil is suppose to be seductive and trying to get you to sin and stuff.
    Does that mean that the Devil is a beautiful, seductive female demon while God is an ugly, fat male god?
    Sorry, if I'm being unclear. But I couldn't get this thought out of my head.
    Would love to hear anyone's thought on this ^^
    Satan is not human. Nor does Satan reproduce sexually. He is a fallen angel, a spiritual being without a physical body. Therefore Satan, although usually represented as a male, is actually an asexual being. Neither male nor female.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo!!! View Post
    I suffered amphetamine induced physchosis in 1996 which was mainly centered around God and the Devil, good and bad, positive and negative. Why do they say THE devil ( it automatically makes it sound bad) How do we know God is good and the Devil is bad it could actually be the other way round. I came to the conclusion that the only way there is ever going to be world peace and love is if The Devil and God come to gether and sort out their differences. You can't have good without bad you can't have positive without negative, the only alternative is to join them together and create a balance. God and the devil should get married!
    Satan was given the opportunity to be united to God in eternity before time began. He refused and rejected God and therefore was ejected from heaven by the Angels who remained loyal and united to God.

Nov 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The devil was at one time one of the highest angels, and was one of the most beautiful angels of all.
    I read that somewhere. Which only makes my theory seem more likely.
    Thanks for the replies ^^
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Dararamm,
    Satan rejected God whom is the source of all that is love and good.
    That is why Satan was cast from heaven like a bolt of lightning.
    God offers salvation from hell for all people through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
    Rejecting God is the surest way to be cast into hell.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Nov 30, 2009, 02:06 PM

So people that don't believe in God go to hell? I probably misunderstood you ^^
    I'm a very open minded person.
    So I'm ready to hear all sides to this God thing. So Satan and God had a fight. And God kicked him out? I love stories like these.
    They're so interesting =3
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 02:41 PM

There are wide range of beliefs in Christianity some very liberal and some very conservative. All that truly matters is that you figure out what the best beliefs are for you. What matters to you and how you think you should live your life.

I know you might be just stirring the pot. I have lots of beliefs about this subject but you need to figure out exactly what your beliefs.

Not going to sit here trying to force a belief on you when all of our beliefs differ in one way or another.

Joe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 03:56 PM

Closed, I feel this post is gone as far as it needs to , to address the OP.
    Beyond that I feel a new member is merely wanting to stir up trouble

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Simple Question -any advice will be helpful [ 15 Answers ]

I was divorced last year. We have two children and I am still struggling. I was the first signer on my ex-husbands truck, he was the "co-buyer." In our decree he was declared responsible for the truck payment since I have the house and all other debt - which I pay regularly, but not easily. My...

Simple opt --> h1b Tax Question(s) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a single little Canadian citizen with these characteristics: OPT from March 23, 2005 to August 17, 2005. H1B from September 17, 2005 to present. 1) Does this qualify me for dual residecy? 2) For two pay periods while I was on OPT (March/April), Social Security and ...

Simple Tax Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a simple tax question. I was on OPT until September 2005 and my H1 started from October 1st, 2005. I wanted to know what forms do I need to file and what deductions can I claim? I started paying social security and medicare taxes from October 1st. Thank you. Himanshu.

Can anyone solve this simple question? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody explain how to solve this question? 70% of students answered question A correctly, 55% of students answered question B correctly, 20% of students answered neither question correctly. What is the percentage of students answered both question A and B correctly?

View more questions Search