Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armyPA21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Trane furnace xe 60 pilot light on but only blowing cold air
    My Mother-in-law has a Trane XE60 furnace & the pilot light is blue but only blows cold air when the thermistat is at the on position. When the thermistat is set to auto at 80 degrees nothing happens. She thinks the pilot light might be a bit weak. I've seen in some of my research that there is an adjusting screw somewhere & can be found in the owners manual but we don't have one. Tried downloding & they wanted to charge me. Any advice? Rob
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:22 AM

If the piolit light is week, odds are it will not stay lite. Did this just start happing or is this the first time she has tried to use the furnace this yr?
    ACMike04 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 11:24 PM
    Is the gas valve on on position,
    rvpjoe2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 04:21 AM
    My heater is having the same symptoms and yes the gas valve is in the on position. So the fan comes on, but only blows cold air, and in auto it does nothing. It did this two days ago and with some banging, opening up the unit and putting it back together again it worked but now it is doing the same thing.
    Reliabull Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 04:46 AM

I have this model and have had the same problem, even had a technician come out to tell me it was the thermocouple that was bad, replaced it myself and relit the pilot light and everything was great, I was able to get the thermocouple at my local Orange home improvement store

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe80 gas furnace not blowing any hot air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE80 Gas Furnace. It is not blowing any hot air at all. Can anyone help. Thank you

Propane furnace not starting, blowing cold air [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Lennox Pulse Propane furnace that is currently not working. The propane tank was locked for three months this summer, but has been unlocked for a month or so and is 85% full. I turned the valve on the tank back on and followed the procedure on the furnace (it does not have a pilot light)...

Warm air furnace: no pilot light, no ignition spark [ 8 Answers ]

I have an International Comfort fan assisted warm air furnace with an issue: The unit does not heat - burners and pilot do not light. The flame blower runs when heat is commanded from the thermostat. There seems to be no gas as the pilot. There is no pilot light, and no spark when...

Tempstar NTG3100GFA1 Furnace No Pilot/No Flame/Blowing Cold Air [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Minnesota and have a 10+-year-old Tempstar NTG3100GFA1 furnace. It uses natural gas and is a split system. It also has a vanEE air exchanger and in-line humidifier with a programmable Honeywell thermostat. 1 1/2 months ago the furnace stopped working - the blower was blowing cold air...

Furnace Pilot Light Keeps Blowing Out. Any Tips or Tricks to Keeping It Lit? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! The pilot light on my very old model Heil gas central warm-air furnace keeps blowing out when it gets very windy. Are there any tips or tricks to keeping the pilot light from blowing out? Thanks!

View more questions Search