Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmcelvy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Two-zone EWC-ST-2D gas hot air and air conditioning furnace
    I have a two-zone EWC-ST-2D gas hot air and air conditioning furnace. With two RITETEMP 8050 thermostat controls mail level and the other is upstairs.

Is the C wire the other side of the 24VAC heating transformer because the 8050 can run on 24VAC series power. 24VAC ONLY.
    Power for the thermostat is borrowed from the furnace relay. Therefore this options ONLY works with 24VAC systems, and with a heat relay current of between .2 and .6 amps. Do not use the FURN mode unless this current can be verified by a heating contractor. The batteries are then for AC power loss only and will last much longer. The thermostat will continue working if the batteries die.

Duse this mean I have to have a transformer that can proved 1.2 amps or just .2 to .6 amps. Because the EWC-ST-2D has a seaport transformer input.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe80 gas furnace not blowing any hot air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE80 Gas Furnace. It is not blowing any hot air at all. Can anyone help. Thank you

Adding a zone to oil fired hot air furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to add a zone a oil fired forceh hot air

Air Conditioning/Heating Unit [ 2 Answers ]

My central heating unit at my house blows cold air when I switch to heat. Unfortunately, it worked fine when the serviceman came out to inspect it two days ago. Three weeks earlier, the same guy went up in the attic and lit the pilot that we turn off during the summer months. When he did that...

Air in hot water heating system [ 4 Answers ]

I have a gas fired hot water boiler. I have noticed there is gurgling or air in the system. Where in the system would I go to purge the air out?

Armana Comfort Zone Blowing Cold Air [ 36 Answers ]

Hi All, I have an Amana Comfortzone. Over the summer, I changed out the thermostat to a programmable one and now my heat blows cold air. I am hoping that it has something to do with the thermostat. The A/C worked and continues to work fine. When I look into the heating unit, I am able to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.