Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2009, 04:58 PM
    So here's what I'm going to do.
    This is until the new year
    I've ordered my hq 4% and retin a .1%, and they should be arriving within the next 5 days

What I'm going to use with my new regime is:

Complexion Soap with Alpha Hydroxy Acid
    F&W Exclusive Vitamin C Soap
    HQ 4%
    Retin a .1%
    F&W Serum Exclusive Whitenizer

7:30: WASH FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH EXCLUSIVE VITAMIN C SOAP, apply hq, retinA and sunblock
    16:00: WASH FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH ALPHA HYDROXY SOAP and apply the serum
    22:00: WAS FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH ALPHA HYDROXY SOAP, apply hq, retinA

Also planning on avoiding the sun and outside like the plague and drinking lots of water and taking vitamin tablets including extra vit.C!

I'm also looking to find a SKIN PEEL once a week, probably each Friday
    I'm in the UK and have yet to find one. Some help would be great!
    Thanks

Tell me what you think and if you think I should add anything or w.e!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Your plan sounds great Fairr, I'm sure you'll reach much success. I wish I knew of a good skin peel, let me know when you find one that you like.
    ModelUK Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2009, 08:02 PM

There's a skin peel I've found in john lewis, it seems to be the only one you can buy over the counter because they have high levels of gycolic acid it. Its about £54 x
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelUK View Post
    Theres a skin peel ive found in john lewis, it seems to be the only one you can buy over the counter because they have high levels of gycolic acid it. its about £54 x
    £54 sounds expensive, do they have this in the States as well?
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    this is until the new year
    i've ordered my hq 4% and retin a .1%, and they should be arriving within the next 5 days

what i'm going to use with my new regime is:

Complexion Soap with Alpha Hydroxy Acid
    F&W Exclusive Vitamin C Soap
    HQ 4%
    retin a .1%
    F&W Serum Exclusive Whitenizer

7:30: WASH FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH EXCLUSIVE VITAMIN C SOAP, apply hq, retinA and sunblock
    16:00: WASH FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH ALPHA HYDROXY SOAP and apply the serum
    22:00: WAS FACE, NECK AND FOREARMS WITH ALPHA HYDROXY SOAP, apply hq, retinA

also planning on avoiding the sun and outside like the plague and drinking lots of water and taking vitamin tablets including extra vit.C!

i'm also looking to find a SKIN PEEL once a week, probably each friday
    i'm in the UK and have yet to find one. some help would be great!
    thanks

tell me what you think and if u think i should add anything or w.e!
    Never use a serum on its own it won't work.. it helps increase lightening when used with a cream so I'd mix the serum and hq with retin a. good regimen
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    never use a serum on its own it wont work.. it helps increase lightening when used with a cream so i'd mix the serum and hq with retin a. good regimen
    Do you mean mix and combine them all together or use them one after the other?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 02:13 AM

In the past I have mixed them together, for example I have the cream in my hand and I add the surum to it and rubb them together in my palms, si its nicely mixed
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
    OK, that is a good idea. One of the other members here also mixes their products like this and had really good results. This would cut the time some since I'm a slowpoke and take forever
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 28, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Retin A makes skin very sensitive to skin peels so it's best not to get a strong one, better to go with Latic Acid.

Nov 28, 2009, 05:20 PM

Cheers niki anyone know where to get ths in the UK?
    And I've applied my mixture thurs night, 2 time fri, 3 times today, and I'm going to do 3 tomorrow then next week it'll be 2 applications a day...

I've only peeled around my mouth though
    Its nice to peel so I'm happy but it just looks so weird and grose! Lol and no lightening...

Nov 29, 2009, 01:23 PM

More peeling now around the chin and stuff
    My face hurts! Lol

Nov 29, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Oh and (sorry for the triple post )
    I'm going out tomorrow and I need a good excue for my face peeling like hell?
    What should I do? And I can't say I'm peeling from holiday everyone knows whereive been! Lol
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 03:21 PM

Fair where you get your stuff from
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 03:41 PM

When people asked me why my face peeling, I just said I'm using retin-a for my acne, although I don't have much acne
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Nov 29, 2009, 03:53 PM

Fairr, if you check ebayUK, you'll find a seller with the store "forever-young", she sells chemical peels as well as some great anti-aging products... I've ordered from this seller several times and her stuff are good...

Dec 1, 2009, 01:00 AM

Thanks gr8stuff that's SO much help
    And I got my stuff from generics.com

Dec 2, 2009, 02:30 PM

Guys this is awfullll
    My face peeled at everyone was saying grose eww then I saw somem lighter skin and got excited but now the skin has gotten darker and my face is all red and blotchy still and dark!
    And is swolen as hell and people are saying I have a swolen/chubby face...
    What should I do to reduce this swelling?
    Help please guys
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    guys this is awfullll
    my face peeled at everyone was saying grose eww then i saw somem lighter skin and got excited but now the skin has gotten darker and my face is all red and blotchy still and dark!
    and is swolen as hell and ppl are saying i have a swolen/chubby face...
    what should i do to reduce this swelling?!
    help please guys
    I know the feeling, happened to me too. But, I was unable to completely go into hiding for that long unfortunately. My skin went through a dark blotchy and red stage, I believe I'm passed that stage now because my skin looks quite even now and the darker areas for me was the old dead skin cells, some areas peeled faster than others. I still go through redness sometimes.

With the swelling, what percentage strength are you using? 0.25, 0.05, or 0.1%? And how often do you apply the retina, once or more times daily? If your using 1x every day, cut back to everyother day. If the irritation and swelling still doesn't calm down, cut back to 2 or 3 times a week. I wouldn't apply more than once a day. The instructions on what to do if irritation should be included in the A-Ret brand if that's the one you are using. I hope this helps.

Dec 3, 2009, 11:09 AM

Oh... I WAS using it 3 tmes a day but imgoing to use it every night but atm I'm giving my skin a break for a couple of days from the retina and justusing hq...
    And I'm using0.1%
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Dec 3, 2009, 03:14 PM

Oh no fairr, RA 0.1% three times a day is far too much... Once a day (night) is good enough if your skin can tolerate it; otherwise either use it every other day or change to a lower concentration...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here's a simple one for those who know [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I have the old NM two wire cable running to my bathroom that was hooked up to my vanity. The old vanity had a light and a outlet on it the light was switched. I need to install just an outlet to these wires -HOW and what goes where?

Here's a good one [ 1 Answers ]

I had a guy friend for 2 1/2 years never messed around and the first time we did I got pregnant. We moved in together because I wanted to work things out for my baby I hear he moved in so he wouldn't have to pay child support. After a year of him uncooperating I kicked him out. We are going on 7...

Here's an odd one.(am I alone) [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, Here's a quick one that's pretty odd. Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. Does anyone ever have an odd feeling inside them when someone they know beings dating/talking to someone else even if the person is just a friend of the opposite sex? It seems that even...

Here's the whole story, what do you think? [ 25 Answers ]

Here's the whole story... I was strongly "encouraged" to marry a man I had only known for 2 weeks by my parents when I was only 16 and so I did. Shortly after marrying him I found out from his family that he had been convicted of molesting a 4yo little boy and that was just not the sort of...

Ok here's another one! [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you for relpying to my questions! But most people say it's like an explosion, and some people say I'll get all shakie, and my muscles will tighting up? Is this all true? In your opinions what would you say it feels like? For a female to orgasm?

View more questions Search