Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missmurdr13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Diagonosis of guy from No Country for Old Men
    I am writing this paper for Psych class on a movie character and their illness. I believe the dude from No Country for Old Men is seriously crazy and would like to know what his actual diagonsis would be. Any ideas?
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Nov 25, 2009, 12:41 PM

Who's guy? Javier Bardem' s Anton Chigurh (Character) - Biography?
    [I]
    "Anton Chigurh is an emotionless, compassionless killing machine. His inability to comprehend human life is matched only by his ability to take it, as he does with ruthless abandon throughout the running of No Country For Old Men. Hired to track down drug money by a group of Americans, he quickly kills those who hired him and begins to search for the money on his own. He carries a cattlegun, which fires a cylinder from a hose which is connected to a tank of compressed air to destroy cylinder locks and dispatch a host of victims. He also carries a silenced assault shotgun. It is said that Anton Chigurh is now one of the most iconic villains of all time.

As for the victims who dont have some sort of reason to be dead behind them, he flips a coin to decide their fate.

Oddly enough, Chigurh is described as having his own set or morals, however twisted they may be. Anton does not kill at random or without purpose. Anton sees himself as a hand of fate; an instrument who exacts what is supposed to happen upon those it is supposed to happen to.

An alternative theory is that Anton Chigurh is really Ed Tom Bell performing the actions he cannot do within the limits as sheriff. He uses this fake personality to remove a cynical narcotics cartel from his district, and has to kill everyone that can expose his murderous actions."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have itchy scalp from Just for men hair color? [ 4 Answers ]

The last two times I used Just for Men hair color my scalp itches. Please advise as to what to do.

Men racing in the desert fighting off monsters [ 2 Answers ]

I asked about this movie a few hours ago. Its about several guys racing on foot through the desert fighting off all kinds of things in there way. At the end they come to this city. When they get there family and friends congragulate them. Someone said it's the movie Gymkata but its not that......

Why do men in their pants, for no apparent reason? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I have got a weird, but drilling question... My very good friend (like a brother) was having a tough time (in a break up with a loved one) and had threaten to take his life... so I went over to calm him down and reassure him that everything was going to be okay... well when we...

Remembering our fallen men and women [ 2 Answers ]

Take a moment today ,if you will to honor those who have fallen and for those who continue to fight for all of us.

Why men don't ask for directions. [ 5 Answers ]

While visiting a small town, a Reverend stopped a young boy on the street to ask for directions to the local post office. The boy provided the directions and proceeded on his way. A moment later, the Reverend called out to him, "You should come to the Baptist church tonight at 7:30. I'll be giving...

View more questions Search