Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markz71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 08:23 PM
    80's sci-fi HBO/Showtime etc... title
    I'm looking for a sci-fi movie from the early 80's that was about some kind of brainwashing or hypnosis. There were these guns that flashed the victim into some type of hypnosis state temporarily. Also, there was mind control in advertising. Please help if you can!! Thanks!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 10, 2006, 03:09 AM
    Hi Mark,
    This was late '80's, but could it be John Carpenter's "They Live"?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

The subliminal messages hidden in the advertising were visible when wearing a special pair of sunglasses in this movie.
    Hope this helps. Take care.
    Trakk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 11:28 AM
    I think this may be the same movie I'm trying to find. Were there also times when the brainwashed were made to wear a silver apparatus over their eyes kind of like Jordy on Star Trek the Next Generation?
    jowojo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 02:46 PM
    The Movie is called Looker
    jowojo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Comment on jowojo's post
    The movie starred Albert Finney and Susan Dey.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 30, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Here's more information, as I just answered a question about this movie elsewhere:

Looker (1981)
    Starring Albert Finney, Susan Dey, James Coburn
    IMDb synopsis:
    Looker (1981) - Synopsis

Looker (1981) - IMDb

You can watch a fan-made video to the music of the theme song here:
    LOOKER (1981) - Song by Sue Saad - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need title of 80's children's sci-fi movie [ 3 Answers ]

Ok - this may sound a bit weird... There's 3 kids, 2 boys 1 girl - The two boys create a small blue tinted bubble type thing on their computer that they fly around at great speed. At one point smashing through a bookcase and puncturing all the books. They then make the 'bubble' bigger and get...

80's movie that was always on hbo [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the title of this movie that was always on HBO in the mid 80's. It was about a rebel kid who was picked on. Some people eventually chased him into some woods or small island, and he defended himself by throwing sticks of dynamite. I remember he had blonde hair and his name might...

80's sci/fantasy - Title lost and forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

This has been an ongoing search for 10 years now. When I ask other people about it they look at me like I'm from outerspace or something. I can only remember a short scene from movie. There is a young girl, maybe 10yr-12yr and she is in the bathroom looking up at this white old spice glass bottle...

Looking for the title to an 80's Sci-Fi film [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the title to a film/Pilot episode I saw in my youth. I can't remember much about it except that it started with an astronaut spacewalking. He was subjected to cosmic rays directly to his eyes. When he returned to earth he had powers etc triggered by sunlight. His eyes would change...

Title of an 80's sci-fi movie [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to remember the title of a sci-fi movie where a man finds an alien weapon in a desert that whenever he placed it in his hands, he turns to a 'monster'. I also remembers that the aliens tries to look for this lost weapon.

View more questions Search