Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texas Tom Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2009, 01:24 PM
    White residue in dishwasher
    We have a Kenmore stainless interior dishwasher that's about 6 years old. Had been occasionally noticing some white residue on the dishes sometimes after washing. Pulled out the bottom tray and the bottom surface of the dishwasher has a thick white film that is not easily removed. In the openings where the water flows to the pump there is thick caked on white residue that can be chipped away. Overall the dishwasher seems to be cleaning properly. We have excellent water supply, neither hard nor soft. We use Cascade liquid.

Q #1 - What is this white residue & what is the cause.

We ran a rinse cycle with vinegar poured in. Appears a bit cleaner. I poured some water into the bottom & then poured in a lot of vinegar. I'm letting it sit for several hours. Hopefully is will loosen/dissolve some of the residue.

Q #2 - Is there something better than vinegar? What about CLR?

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial dishwasher leaving white residue on glasses and silverware. [ 1 Answers ]

Our commercial dishwasher is leaving really bad white residue on our glasses and silverware. According to the technician, our chemicals (detergent, sanitizer and rinse) is the problem. We have been using the current chemicals for the past 4 months... Now all of a sudden the residue shows up......

Residue removal [ 2 Answers ]

Remove tape from painted concrete

White residue on my products from glue? [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Aleen's Jewelry making glue and it is leaving a nasty white residue on my product? Is there anyway to get it off, or is there a jewelry lacquer to gloss my jewelry that will make it shine again? These are pendants, with stones and glass beading. Thanks a bunch!

How to remove adhesive residue [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove adhesive residue from a sticker on a wooden surface

Onion residue? [ 3 Answers ]

I know that onion is bad for dogs. But what about things that are just flavored with them? For example, I recently made some chicken broth (cook chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and herbs/spices together for a long time, and then strain the liquid), which I have divided up and frozen in serving...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.