Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stylistjennifer Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2009, 08:30 AM
    How long after misscarrage?
    I juat had a misscarrage, about 2 weeks ago or so.
    I was wondering how long after a m/c should you wait to become pregnant again?
    And is it OK to become pregnant right after or are you suppose to wait a while?
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 17, 2009, 12:04 PM

I've heard 3 months minimum, but it depends on the circumstances of the miscarriage and how healthy your body is.

Your OB/GYN should know best.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 12:08 PM
    3 months is the minimum. But also try to give yourself some mental healing time as well.

Nov 17, 2009, 01:05 PM

Oh OK, I called my doctor for a check up and got blood testing they haven't called me back yet.
    Also, I hear you could try again right after. When I stopped bleeding and took at test that was negative to make sure it was done.
    So we have beeen, is that OK? Or I need to stop and wait.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 01:07 PM
    You really should wait so that your hormonal levels, as well as your uterus, gets back to a pre-pregnant state.

Nov 17, 2009, 01:09 PM

How long should that take? Thanks.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Approximately 3 months... that is why I recommended that time frame in my earlier post.

Nov 17, 2009, 02:30 PM

OK thank you, my nurse just called and said its at 600 and needs to be at 2. what's that mean?
    Also, what if since we haven't been waiting I'm already pregnant again?
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Hun, what's at 600 and should be at 2?

What do you mean by that?

It is possible you are pregnant, but I can't honestly tell you that over the internet. I'm really hoping you aren't because you have to heal physically as well as emotionally.

Nov 17, 2009, 02:41 PM

The HCG levels I'm guessing that's what she meant.

And I know thank you. Just worried now.

Nov 18, 2009, 09:09 AM

So, when will my HCG levels go down?
    Also, if you are pregnant again do they just go back up or how does all that work?
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Your HCG levels should be down by now.

HCG is a hormone that is produced by the fertilized egg. It is only present during pregnancy and certain other illnesses.

There are other hormones to consider though. Lutenizing hormone, FSH (Follicular Stimulating Hormone), estrogens, progesterines, prolactin, just to name a few, that have to get back into regular balance before conceiving again so that the fetus is healthy.

The healthy balance of all of these hormones is the reason that women should not get pregnant more often than once a year or two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

Did I have a misscarrage with my iud [ 1 Answers ]

OK I started my peroid like normal this month. But it was light and lasted longer.once it had ended (or I thought)everyother day I would have a big gush of blood. Starting two days ago the bleeding has been nonstop and now there is a lot of pain and a just now had two really big blood clots. I have...

Pregnancy after misscarrage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm all new to this so please bear with me. On jan 14th I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child. We were over the moon but on 24th I miscarried. The doc said I was only 5+5 weeks so was very early. I stopped bleeding a week later and started trying again. We have been trying since. I...

Misscarrage after tubal [ 1 Answers ]

Can you have a miscarriage after having a tubal?

View more questions Search