Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gizmo1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Died bleach blonde hair brown now its green
    I've had blond hair (died) for over 5 yrs now and I can't get the colour I use to use before they don't make it anymore, anyway I used another one at should have been the same colour I looked like a big yellow teddy bear after I died it so I thought id put a light brown on top and it would be OK but NO ITS GREEN DARK GREEN BUT GREEN I've got to take my son to school in the morning should I die it black so hide it or leave it wear a hat and get something to strip the colour tomorrow please help:eek:
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:40 PM

Dyeing it black would be a huge mistake.

You need to add red into the hair. Red + Green = brown.

The problem comes because blonde hair has no red pigment. However, the brown color's formulators assumed that red would be there (when you treat natural hair with peroxide, you'll almost always get red) and they added a lot of green pigment to counteract the red. You need to add red pigment to counteract the green. Use a demi-permanent red shade. The problem is in determining the proper shade of red to take care of the green. That's the "art" in haircoloring and in your case, it has to be determined by someone with experience, or trial-and-error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair from blonde to brown turned green what do I do [ 14 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from a blonde to light brown but some parts only minimal parts turned green what can I do to correct that with out going to a salon please help:confused:

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Dying bleach blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I currently have bleach blonde hair. I've had blonde highlights every since I was twelve. Which was about 7 years ago. Last time I decided I wanted to make a huge change and I chopped off my hair and bleached it blonde. The victoria beckham look. Although I like being blonde, I've decided...

Bleach Blonde Brown-Blech. ORANGE! [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Okay so here's the thing. Im still a pretty young teenager(14) and I don't have a job (well I do but its only at a ladys house when she needs me-but not the point) and my mom went to cosmetology school and so that means she knows how to color hair right? Yes, but that doesn't mean...

View more questions Search