Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggie5356 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Christian living in willfull sin
    if I live willfully in sin will I still go to heaven,My Name is Maggie and I`M having trouble finding Answer to this question.I been searching GOD`S WORD and find answers BY Experts whichhaveme now Confused.GOD says not to commit Audultry,HE also says because He knows are desires (flesh,sexual)we should not be alone.IF I just live with someone after divorce,would that be OK.
    Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 09:30 PM
    I have moved your post, you asked this in the forum help area where you ask about how to use this site. I moved this to a discussion area, depending on peoples personal or denominational teaching you will get sometimes a heated discussion on this

you confuse two issues,

living and sinning, and going to heaven.

Are you saved, have you accepted Christ as your savior. If so, then you are saved, if you willfully sin you are being a very poor example of what a Christian is.

If you divorce, and want to be with someone else, you get married,
    If you don't want to marry them, you don't need to be living with them.
    That is the sin,
    maggie5356 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Thank you for fixing my error,thank you for your input.My confusion is not based on my sin,my exhusband committed the audultry ,to numourous to count,hence my being divorced,currently he is living with a born again christian,at least that what she profecces to,they go to church etc. my children are more leaning towards there Dads side,I searched on the subject and got confused by to many different answeres.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 09:58 PM

Well in divorce ( kids, small or grown)
    Don't make it sides, if they are forced to accept or reject one, no one really wins.

So let the kids be happy with dad and be happy with you, and try not to make them choose.

And I guess why do you care what your ex is doing or what the women he is with is doing, That is their issue that they will answer for to God.

What you are doing is what you answer for. If you are trying to find things to use against him or attack the faith of the women, no one wins,

Doubt it and let them live their life, and you go on with yours
    AtLarge Posts: 27, Reputation: 5

Nov 15, 2009, 10:42 PM

My personal belief is that the Bible is like a user's guide for humans. Everything in it is based on what works best and what will make us the most happy. You have no control over your ex, just over your own life. And judging is a very slippery slope. (Which is what I think Fr_Chuck was saying.)

Often I have found that when we agonize over something it may be because we are trying to rationalize and convince ourselves of something we do not really believe. So focus on your own life and relationship with God and be true to yourself. That is what will most likely result in true happiness.

This is never easy, of course. As most of us can attest to. But it is worth the effort. So take care and hang in there! And God bless….
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 16, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie5356 View Post
    if i live willfully in sin will i still go to heaven,My Name is Maggie and I`M having trouble finding Answer to this question.I been searching GOD`S WORD and find answers BY Experts whichhaveme now Confused.GOD says not to commit Audultry,HE also says because He knows are desires (flesh,sexual)we should not be alone.IF I just live with someone after divorce,would that be ok.
    Thank you
    I believe God can forgive any sin, even the willful ones ;). I'm divorced [ she filed, no infidelity, that I know of ] and re-married, and so is my wife [ infidelity by her Ex ]. We are both Christians and I guess technically speaking we are both "living in sin." But do either of us feel convicted of it. Nope. Do I feel convicted when I'm inpatient, or mean, or selfish, or lusting - sure. On a daily basis. Point is, I know I'm a sinner, and I am too busy asking God for forgiveness, to really bother, or even have the right, to worry about someone else's sins.

G&P
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Nov 16, 2009, 10:58 PM
    God know's when we face horrendous situations. He knows ever emotion, need and
    desire you have. Some time it is our hopelessness that forces us to seek God, and it is there that we find our strength and refireshment. If you will let Him, He will take
    your life, no matter how bruised and broken, and make something beautiful out of it.
    Remember God is working to bring His will and good pleasure to the forefront of your life.
    Gods loves you very much and He wants us to depend on Him to guide us in all things.
    Seek Him and His ways. He knows how to take care of your X and his disobedient.
    God wants US to be obedient to Him and conforming ourselves to Him and His Word the
    Bible. I pray you will have peace in the Lord as He will work all things for good for
    thoes who love Him and are obedient to His will.

Blessings Maggie 3
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    God know's when we face horrendous situations. He knows ever emotion, need and
    desire you have. Some time it is our hopelessness that forces us to seek God, and it is there that we find our strength and refireshment. If you will let Him, He will take
    your life, no matter how bruised and broken, and make something beautiful out of it.
    Remember God is working to bring His will and good pleasure to the forefront of your life.
    Gods loves you very much and He wants us to depend on Him to guide us in all things.
    Seek Him and and His ways. He knows how to take care of your X and his disobedient.
    God wants US to be obedient to Him and conforming ourselfs to Him and His Word the
    Bible. I pray you will have peace in the Lord as He will work all things for good for
    thoes who love Him and are obedient to His will.

Blessings Maggie 3
    Thanks a Lottt Maggie.. That was very very refreshing... Nice to know that we serve a good and mighty God!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 10:33 PM

Pray and ask God to give you direction and strength to do the right thing.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jan 8, 2010, 06:15 PM

Maggie - I don't know if your question is very clear to me or not but let me take a stab at it.

First off, the situation you describe is a little fuzzy. I understand that you are divorced, is that correct?

Secondly, when you ask "IF I just live with someone after divorce,would that be ok?", are you asking whether it is OK to live with another man? Someone that you are romantically involved with? I just want to be clear what it is you are exactly asking.

Thirdly, sandwiched somewhere in your question is this thought about your eternal salvation being linked to the decision that you are wondering whether you should make. Are you wondering whether living with another man will jeopardize your salvation?

I'd love to answer your questions but I'm not certain I follow you at this point. Would you care to elaborate a little more?

Thanks.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 14, 2010, 05:46 PM

John 8:34
    34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    (KJV)

Jesus also said that you cannot serve two masters (in that context, God and mammon).

So if you are tha servant of sin, you can't be (at the same time) a servant of God.

You can get forgiveness from God for any sin, but you can never get permission to sin.

Rom 6:1-2
    1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
    (KJV)

You DON'T have to sin every day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Origins and consequences of 'original sin' [ 9 Answers ]

the christian religion believes that all human beings are flawed due to adam and eve's choice to eat the fruit of knowledge. That 'original sin' makes it impossible for humans to lead a sinless life. what if there was a people not descended of adam and eve? Would they still be subject to...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

On Being a Christian [ 14 Answers ]

What did Jesus tell his disciples they should do? And, if someone does those things, is he then a Christian, or is there something more that he must do that Jesus did not mention? Will all Christians be saved? What does Jesus say about that? M:)RGANITE

What Is Being a Christian? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to understand the different denominations of Christianity. I would like to able to catagorize what I believe in. I believe in God, But I don't think that religion has to be learned in a church. Also I Don't believe God has expectations in what we must do in our lifes and that we can...

View more questions Search