Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard Dyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Need advice
    How do you postpone a wage garnishment and stop harassment??
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 8, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dyer
    how do you postpone a wage garnishment and stop harrassment ???
    Google it --- "Fair Debt Practices", should take you to the Fed Trade Commission website where you can see what a creditor can and cannot do to collect a debt. Of course, the quick way to end issue is to pay the bill, debt, whatever you have that's causing the garnishment, harassment. Or if you feel the garnishment is illegal, consult an attorney.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 09:00 AM
    You would have appeared in court when they get a judgemnet, and dispute the claim, if the claim is considered valid and the judge awards a judgement, there is really nothing you can do to postpone a garnishment.

As far a s harassment, just demand they don't contact you further, beyond legal action.

An attorney can help if needed.

You can file a bankruptcy if you quality for it.
    posheak Posts: 51, Reputation: -1

Nov 10, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Call the attention of a legal counselor

Im sorry to hear that
    HA99BlckCp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dyer
    how do you postpone a wage garnishment and stop harrassment ???
    Not an answer but rather a question... I know a guy from Temple U name Richard Dyer??
    Is this the same guy? By the way, this is Ronnie ;) just happened to browse around here to find/share an answer. If you know Ingargiola(CIS307)... please let me know and I will give you my e-mail address. I don't want to go further if I have the wrong person... take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Need some advice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I need some advice, my boyfriend and I have been together for 6 and a half months and two months ago he told that he was going to the army (which made me sad)and may not be coming back and that he needed some time alone to think . It's been three months since he...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Need advice [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks for the advice

Need your advice! [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think which programme is better to choose to study abroad: Business Administration or International Finance and Accounting? Thank you

View more questions Search