Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatislove Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 10:23 PM
    No feelings?
    So my girlfriend I've been going out with 8 months told me that she got no more feelings for me, and so, we broke up. But my question is, what does that really mean? :/
    I know she doesn't have another guy or anything either. Is she just confued? Or what?
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Nov 8, 2009, 10:44 PM

This happens and it is feelings, it can hardly be explained. The only thing for you to do is to move on and apply NC.
    bjohnrupp Posts: 293, Reputation: 32

Nov 8, 2009, 10:51 PM

Hey whatislove- my fiancé said the same thing to me! I think what are ex'es mean is that they don't feel anything romantically towards up- they put us down to the lowest form of friend level.

How do you know she doesn't have another guy? I thought the same thing but unfortunately they usually do. They just know how to hide the other guy.

No she's not confused- she dumped you and she feels nothing for you so its over. Im real sorry for the bad news but she's completely moved on and now you're going to have to also.

Nov 8, 2009, 10:57 PM

I know she does not have another guy because we are very honest to each other. I know that she would tell me...
    But all I could say is that I'm crushed.
    But being weak, I have to talk to her, NC is too hard :(
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 10:57 PM
    Her feelings changed and much as you re hurting you should work on getting your life back on track.
    At the top of the relationship page there are stickies with lots of good advice on how to handle a breakup.

Nov 8, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whatislove View Post
    i know she does not have another guy because we are very honest to each other. i know that she would tell me...
    but all i could say is that im crushed.
    but being weak, i have to talk to her, NC is too hard :(
    Look I'm not here to sugarcoat anything- just here to give great advice... I thought my ex was honest also- do you really think she's going to tell you she has another guy? She doesn't have to tell you now since you two aren't together so she won't. She'll deny it to the end.

Don't BE WEAK- she told you she has no feelings for you and you have to talk to her still? Do you have any respect for yourself? She doesn't care AT ALL anymore about you so why do you still care? Apply no contact immediately.

I know its going to kill inside and you will have a slow dull aching pain in your gut for a few months but this is life. We've all been through it.:(

Nov 8, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I don't know how a woman can be so curel...
    I loved her so much, cared for her, and everything
    Then she just turns around and abandon everything we have built together?

I know she doesn't even care anymore, it just breaks me :(
    Why? I ask myself...
    But no one would give me an answer nor a reason. I'm so lost right now...

Nov 8, 2009, 11:23 PM

Listen bro- How do you think I feel? I met a beautiful sexy young thing and we got engaged and 2 weeks before a big engagement party she dumped me for her ex from high school that she has always had feelings for. Not to mention she ho'ed around and did a handful of other guys which I found out later on!

There are tons of cruel, lying, manipulative girls that will play guys until someone else comes around. However there are some good ones out there. I have hope so you should too. When you first meet someone and have feelings for them ask a lot of questions.

Its going to hurt real bad and no matter what you do the pain will be there but there's nothing you can do except try to stay busy and avoid her like the plague.

Nov 8, 2009, 11:33 PM

Man...
    Sorry to hear what u experienced.
    I guess this is just life, not everything is perfect..

Nov 8, 2009, 11:42 PM
    man...
    sorry to hear what u experienced.
    i guess this is just life, not everything is perfect..
    Tell me some more details- how old are you two? Did she say anything else when she broke up with you? Did you see it coming? Were there any red flags?

Nov 8, 2009, 11:50 PM

All right
    I'm 17, and she's 15, we are both very young, and I realize that.
    But I also realize that we were in love, and sadly, I still love her
    First love as well.
    I know this was coming, we stopped what we use to do all the time before.
    But every time when we wanted to break up, we both didn't want to let go, and this presisted for over a month until today, until she no longer cares...

Nov 8, 2009, 11:57 PM

Don't worry about it- you had some fun with this girl but she is sooo young that she's moving on. Don't hate on her- this is very typical for a girl her age- she still has so much life to live.

Nov 9, 2009, 12:00 AM
    I know that...
    Our timing is just not right
    She's not ready to commit anything, plus I think we have a different notion of what a relationship should be like
    But, I really love her, I even pretended that Ive moved on when I talked to her. How sad
    I fully understand that I'm only making a fool of myself, but, I just can't seem to control it

Nov 9, 2009, 12:07 AM

Just realize that there's going to be many more girls coming into your life... girls aren't emotionally mature until there 30. Most girls even in there low 20's won't commit to anything long term. My ex was 22 and everyone told me she's too young to be in anything serious.

I know you're hurting but just try to hang with your friends and when you're ready a few months from now try talking to a girl you may like. Hope this hepls you

Nov 9, 2009, 12:11 AM

Hey, thanks. Your advices are great
    There are times when I'm fully aware of what I'm doing, but its bad when I just sit there and thinking of the past (at night)

Nov 9, 2009, 12:15 AM
    hey, thanks. ur advices are great
    there are times when im fully aware of what im doing, but its bad when i just sit there and thinking of the past (at night)
    Trust me man... these last 2-3 months have been very hard on me- I know exactly how you feel. I have looked at tons of our pics on my computer from our vacations and have thought of all the incredible times we had together. It will hurt for a while:( You'll eventually meet someone new- just have faith. Always cherish the memories you had with her and eventually you won't hate her.

Nov 9, 2009, 12:20 AM

I don't hate her, not even one bit. I know she tried hard, but it just didn't work. I value everything we have went through together...
    but you know, u just want everything to last forever, right? Its stupid :/
    but that's just what we all want

Nov 9, 2009, 12:24 AM

Yes you are right... we all want that. I wanted to be with my ex forever- that's why I asked her to marry me. That was the best day of my life when she said yes so you have so much to look forward to in the future. You too will meet someone that one day you'll want to marry and it's the best feeling ever. Hang in there buddy- were all here for you!!

Nov 9, 2009, 12:29 AM

Hey thanks. I hope ull get better soon as well. Its great to have someone to talk to...
    Anyway, got to sleep. I guess ill give a little update here and there.
    Wish everyone luck!

Nov 9, 2009, 12:32 AM

Good luck man!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to know if she has a feelings with me? [ 5 Answers ]

Moved and edited personal info Hi, I am a male, 24 years old. I just want to know if I have a chance to go to US to have a good work there? I just also want to know if my girl has a feelings for me and if she is the girl that I will love for my entire life and if she can break her Boyfriend to...

My feelings. [ 12 Answers ]

I am mortified to be writing this, but I'm desperate for guidance. I am a recently divorced 31-year-old mother of two teenaged daughters, aged thirteen and fifteen. My eldest sister's son, who is just a couple of years older than my two daughters, has recently started to make sexual advances...

Gay feelings [ 21 Answers ]

I am married and I have very strong feelings for the same sex. I had 2 relationships with the same sex one was for 3yrs and the other for one year. I thought it was because I just loved that person. So then I moved on and now married for 7 yrs and the feelings are back and I don't know if it will...

Feelings for an Ex [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I kind of have a problem. I still have feelings for my ex boyfriend. I don't know what to do. He had a girlfriend but broke up with her sort of because of me. Its so hard because he sends me mixed singals. He flirts with me a lot but then he plays it off like it is not a big deal. We didn't...

View more questions Search