Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Soggy ground fix
    There is a piece of ground that gets very muddy after it rains. It also is used as a parking area. The ground gets tire tracks and ruts in it after the rain.

Is the solution just to dump gravel in the area? Just keep dumping gravel until the problem is fixed? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:42 PM

Is it level ground? A depression?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:45 PM

Take a look at this answer:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/garden...ard-55348.html
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 8, 2009, 08:47 PM

If it is a parking area and a low spot you need to look into why it is low and what building it up will do as far as drainage,if the entire area is gravel and you have water ponding and you dump more gravel the pond may simply move left right or closer in,survey the field and build up accordingly with a strong base first and a good surface last
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 09:09 PM

The soggy area isn't a depression. The soggy spot and the ground around it is level. There isn't really a place to drain it to.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 09:27 AM

Remove the top soil which is the soggy part. Lay several inches of coarse gravel then 1/2" gravel with fines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix my ceiling fan switch? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, new to this site... I bought a Hunter ceiling fan from the depot and installed it and it worked fine until one of the kids snapped the chain off in the switch and it was stuck on low. I went and bought a new 4-wire switch for it and installed it. Now when I plug my switch housing into the fan...

Adding Drainage to a Soggy backyard [ 1 Answers ]

My backyard is north-facing and has a very slight slope to it (slopes away from house). Its fenced and there are a row of cedars planted in a raised bed in the back of the yard against the fence. The yard is a soggy mess in winter and in summer never completely dries out. How do I add...

Soggy subfloor and discolored linoleum near shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass bottom shower with marble sheets for walls and a glass sliding doors. I have noticed the linoleum is disclored and soggy underneath but only in the corners near the front of the shower were you step in. I have recaulked the whole shower with a good silicone and also in the...

View more questions Search