Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sammibabii125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Im 16,my grandma has custody but I want to live with my mom. Can I?
    I'm 16 years old but I will be 17 in 2 months and I live in Florida. My mom got out of prison June 1, 2009 and she got a house and a job and she is capable of taking care of me. I ran away from my dad for 6 months because he was very abusive and in August the courts gave custody to my grandma because they said it would take longer for my mom to get me, but it was possible . I guess they just wanted to get me off the streets. But I really want to live with my mom is there any way she can get custody by my 17th birthday? :confused:
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 02:33 PM

The only way is through the courts and then your dad would be involved also because he has a right to custody too if your gma is giving it up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Your mom will have to hire an attorney, file a motion for custody, most likely they will require a home inspection ( maybe not) It normally takes more than 2 months just to get a hearing. Most likely right now, your mom needs her time to get her life back in order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Custody of my live-in 16 year old Sister [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am 24 years old, and I am the "de facto custodian" of my 15 (almost 16) year old sister. She has been living with me in my apartment since October 2006. I provide her shelter, transportation, food, clothing, everything. I receive $25/mo from our mother to go towards a gym...

I want to live with my mom but my dad has custody over me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a question regarding my situation. Ok well my parents were never married but they did separate when I was eight and me and my siblings got stuck living with my dad. So anyway me and my siblings want to live with our mom so we told her and she started going to court to try to win us...

Live in P.A. With child. Battling for custody in N.why [ 3 Answers ]

I am a resident of Pennsylvania and my sons father is filing for custody in New York. Can I have custody hearing moved to Pennsylvania? I am pregnant and was advised not to travel that far.

I live with my mom (who does not have custody) and want to back with my god mother [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Ryan. My mother left me and my father when I was only five years old. She never contacted me or my father in any way. Two years ago my father passed away. In his will he stated that my god mother Dawn was to have guardianship of me. Well about 4 months ago I found my mom and thought I...

View more questions Search