Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mumtosix Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Nov 7, 2009, 05:47 AM
    My Sister lost partener few days ago but Wife wants everything
    Thought maybe someone could advise. My sister has been with her partner for 5 years lived together for this period and he raised her son as his own.Sadly he passed away a few days ago , this issue of money has already arouse as he was still married and never divorced he also had a son with his wife although the relationship dissolved 5 years ago.
    My sister does not even want to think of money at the moment as he is yet to be buried but I know it is on her mind and thought I would try to get some advice on her behalf.
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 7, 2009, 06:22 AM

Hi mumtosix, what exactly is your doubt here. What questions do your sister have on this? :)

Nov 7, 2009, 06:35 AM

As she and partner were not married would his wife be entitled to take over her partners finances?

He and wife sepearted 6 years ago and have had nothing to do with each other.But never divorced.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 7, 2009, 06:46 AM
    <moved from Bereavement to Other Law> This is more of a probate/will question rather than bereavement.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 07:04 AM

Hello mum:

Bummer. In the absence of a will, the wife is entitled to inherit everything, and your sister is entitled to nothing.

excon

Nov 7, 2009, 07:13 AM

Thanks excon , That was my first thought,as if she does not have enough to deal with.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 07:17 AM

Hello again, mum:

I'm citing US law. If, perchance, she's in the UK, other laws may prevail. I'd have her visit a solicitor.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On H1b visa , wife on H4 and sister on F1. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1b visa, my wife is with me with H4 visa and My sister is on F1 visa during entire 2008. My wife is also studying on H4 visa. I am paying tuition fee for both my wife and sister. I have few questions: 1. Can I claim my sister as my dependent? ...

I guy I was intamate with, was intimate with my sister two days later [ 10 Answers ]

I am in love with this guy and he had sex with my sister two days after he had sex with me, what should I do?

Lost sister [ 2 Answers ]

Please take the time to help me!! I know this mite sound a little crazy but my sister passé away a fue years ago... im am missing a big part of me with out having her around growing up I didn't really see her but you have to understand that I am going through a lot and I need someone to talk...

View more questions Search