Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robogirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 12:13 AM
    1998 Honda starting problems
    I have a 1998 Honda Accord. Several months ago I had to have the car re-keyed. The new key works, but I have had trouble starting the car at times since I got the new key. It will click, but not turn on, and I have to take the key out and put it back in a few times to get it to start. This was happening every once in a while until last week when I replaced the battery because it died. Now, every time I try to start the car, it is a struggle. Today it took 15 minutes for me to get it started. Is it the key, or is it somethinge else?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 07:06 AM

If you are saying the starter motor does not always crank, you likely need to replace the starter motor:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219985
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 7, 2009, 08:46 AM

We had a 1998 or 1999 Honda Prelude and we had kinda the same problem wanting to start. Then we replaced the ignition switch thinking it was that. But then later on found out we needed to replace the starter and spark plugs. It was too much for us to repair at the time, so traded it in for a new car. Hope this may help. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes my 1998 Honda Accord intermittent starting? (DOES NOT CRANK) [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Accord with an intermittent starting problem: it does not crank. After driving home about 10 minutes, then running in the house for 5 minutes, I came back and it refused to crank. The behavior is exactly the same as if you try to start without stepping on the clutch. Lights on the...

Honda ballade 1998 speedo problems [ 0 Answers ]

My 1998 honda ballade started giving problems with the speedometer,it jumps around like crazy and after a while the engine management light appears and the car dies,what can I do to fix this problem and will it become more serious?

1998 honda accord starting issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 honda accord v6 coupe, just lately it has been acting up. It will start up and then I can feel the revs droping down like it is going to bog out and then ill hit the gas to rev it up before it bogs out and it just dies this will happen 3-5 times before it will actually start it...

1998 honda accord (starting problems) [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had a problem with my car starting. It will start right up but if I cut it off, it won't start back up. The interior lights get really dim. I thought it was the battery but U have had it recharged and tested at AutoZone and I've been told both times.. "Good Battery." I noticed that...

1998 honda Accord starter problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have the same problem with my 98 accord as was posted many months ago and wondered if anyone had solved their problem. I just tried to start the car and although the starter could be heard spinning, it didn't engage the ring gear and so the engine didn't turn over. I have removed the starter...

View more questions Search