Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommytocarter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Heavy bleeding after birth
    I gave birth on sept9 and had just the reg discharge. It turned into a period at around 6 1/2 weeks pp. I went and got my depo on day 1 and I am still bleeding heavy to where I fill a super overnight pad in 3 hours! Jw if this is normal?
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Nov 4, 2009, 05:28 PM

I also had the depo after my second son and it didn't agree with me,I bled for 3 months my doctor said it takes time to settle,it also made my bones sore for 3 weeks after I had it and 3 weeks before I needed a top up,I had it 3 times bleeding for 9 months,they put me on the micro pill to try and stop the bleeding but it didn't work.
    After 9 months of bleeding I couldn't take anymore and went for the strongest oral pill they could give me-- logynon.
    I've been fine ever since I stopped it id never have the depo again
    mommytocarter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 05:33 PM

It sucks because I was on depo before I got pregnant and loved it! Never had a period the whole time I was on it. I hope I don't have to not have it anymore...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I have been clotting and bleeding very heavy all day like every 15 or 20 minutes is that normal am I losing too much blood

Heavy bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a baby three months ago. Before I got pregnant, my periods were very "normal". Now, I am having extremely heavy bleeding, and lots of clots. Its so heavy, I actually thought about going to the ER. If anyone has any advice or a similar experience, I would love some feed-back. Thanks

Birth control and heavy bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Well, about three months ago I started taking birth control pills, but for acne reasons... they are called ortho tricyclen. I used to bleed for only 4-5 days... and I heard that birth control would actually lighten or shorten periods... but now I bleed clear up to 5-6 days. For the most part I...

Heavy bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period for over a week. I was bleeding through super tampons every hour and a half with big blood clots. This is unusual for me I never bleed that much or that long and now I bleed heavy very bright red blood during sex. Should I go be seen by doctor?

Heavy bleeding after sex [ 6 Answers ]

Hi wondered if any one can help I have just recently had sex with my new partner, I have not had sex in 4 months due to being raped before christmas, I bled quite a bit after this although it was not a vicious attack, I was treated for almost every STD as a precaution so I know I do not carry...

View more questions Search