Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonely_dreamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 11:55 AM
    2009 Income Taxes
    H&R Block and TurboTax now have 2009 Income Tax Calculators available, and I was just wondering if they are anywhere near accurate?

I put my spouse's and my wages in thus far, and it turned out that our return should be around $12,000? It seems too large an amount to get back, we have never received that much back although we've brought in the same amount of money every year...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2009, 11:57 AM

The calculators are only as accurate as the information you put into them. Since they are not complete returns, they are based on estimates.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Agreed; the tax calculators usually do not factor in such contingencies as the Alternative Minimum Tax or certain credits, so their results should be treated with a bit of skepticism.
    lonely_dreamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 06:32 AM

Okay, haha. I thought it was quite crazy... there's no way we could get back that much, especially since we have made the same amount of money for about two years in a row now..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming a child for taxes (2009) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, IWhen I got divorced in 2001, the judge gave me the legal right to claim my oldest until she was 18 years old. It wss written into our divorce decree as well. I have claimed her and received all incentives/stipneds for all of these years. Now all of a sudden, her mother said she was...

Income statement issues - need assistance today because DUE TOMORROW ON OCT 8 2009 [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a very hard time understanding how to prepare an income statement. Here is the information I have... *Prepare an income statement for the year ended December 31, 2010 -NOT SURE HOW TO SET UP THE INCOME STATEMENT CONFIDENTLY AND NEED HELP B/C ITS DUE TOMORROW (OCTOBER 8TH) -HERES THE...

Filing 2009 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I lived in 3 different locations last year and had 3 different jobs. I have not received any of my W2 forms to file my taxes. How do I locate these forms so I can do so? Thank you for your help! Angie

How much money will my boyfriend get back on his 2009 taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend is filing head of household and claiming me and my daughter.. He made roughly 45,000 last year? Around how much can we expect to get back?

Income Tax in USA for 2008 - 2009 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm a resident of India and will be immigrating to Ohio - USA in Jan 2008 with my wife(dependent). I'll be travelling on H1B visa with annual salary of $60,000. Could you please let me know the approximate tax that I will have to pay yearly? I've heard that one has to pay 30% flat tax in...

View more questions Search