Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noble123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Nov 3, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Christ's Character and People
    Hello Everybody

I would love to have an encouraging response from someone who is Born Again and been through similar character building situations.

I have this guy at work who is regularly saying something negative to me or about me.
    He does seem of a stressed disposition (huffing and puffing, irritated) and one day the Lord did minister to me saying "don't worry", when he was saying something negative.

I know, the Lord instructed me with His command - so why am I asking about this?.

Just for encouragement. This fella just stopped himself from making another negative comment about me again today - by his own admission i.e." You looked... I'd better not say it"... He had something negative to say about when he saw me in my cycling gear in the morning?.

Obviously he is very rude and derogative towards me, he knows I am a Christian but doesn't confront me about that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 10:08 AM

Do you think the fact that he doesn't like you is somehow connected to your Christian beliefs?

Is that the question? Your religion doesn't allow you to respond or respond with a negative comment?

How about the next time around you say something about hoping God blesses the person and then just moving on?

I don't understand in view of your judgment/answer which belittled the OP: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ml#post2045880
    noble123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Nov 3, 2009, 10:21 AM

Are you referring to a past post?

I don't know what you are referring to. I have not 'belittled anyone'.

Although that is not referring to this question and therefore inappropriate. You may elaborate if you care to and I will glady reply.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by noble123 View Post
    Are you reffering to a past post?

I don't know what you are reffering to. I have not 'belittled anyone'.

Although that is not reffering to this question and therefore inappropiate. You may elaborate if you care to and I will glady reply.

I posted the thread - I don't know how else to "reffer" to what you have said in the past.

It is not the least bit unusual to look at past history before answering (basically to see who is trolling and who is not) so I don't find my post "inappopiate."
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2009, 09:52 PM

Hi noble123,
    Just as the Lord as ministered to you... DON'T WORRY :)

People may abuse you sometimes for no reason, and they might not like you for some reason. But that is no reason for you to get hurt. You know that you good and right in the eyes of God... Then why bother?. Don't live for man's approval...

Just ignore him, and next time he tries to talk to you, just try to stay calm and don't get his words in your head. No point hurting yourself over someone's negative attitude.

Romans 12: 20 -- Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 10:56 PM

Heap coals of fire on his head. Wish him a hearty "Good morning!" and always have something pleasant to say to him. If he says anything negative, smile and walk away.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 05:26 PM
    noble123,
    Yes, the best way to treat this person is with kindness.
    No need to carry on a conversation just say thank you, smile as if you know something secret and walk away.
    Pray for the person who obviously needs help.
    The nicer you are the more it will get into that person's head and perhaps befuddle him.
    Try your best to like him.
    The old saying is true, "It becomes hard to dislike someone who likes you" and the opposite of that is therefor also true.
    The opportunity may come along for you to say, "Gee, I like you but I don't understand why you say the things you do."
    Give it a try.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Nov 10, 2009, 05:29 AM

Pray for him like you pray for yourself.See what the Lord will tell you.He is in need and you can can provide what he needs by praying to the Lord.Change him, gain him,make him your mission in God.He is a soul that needs help and that is the way that he shows you his need.It is not him that opposes you but it is the spirit that rules his life.Pray for his freedom and his salvation.Rebuke the wicked spirit that controls him in the name of Jesus and set him free.May God bless you!
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Brother adam7gur,
    That is also some very good advice.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2009, 06:23 PM

Darn and I was going to suggest you cast the demon out of him.

But seriously you just let him say what ever he wants, you talk nice to him, tell him Jesus loves him and let the way you live, and let your life be a witness
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Fr_Chuck,
    Yes living as a good example us a very good idea.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christ's Two Natures [ 16 Answers ]

The Council of Chalcedon convened in 451 and addressed an important christological question: Did Jesus Christ have both a human and divine nature and, if so, how are we to understand this? The answer provided by the Council Fathers includes the following: The second Person of the Trinity...

Name of the Character [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of this character in an old kids show... the character had a cowlick type hairdo lol with black hair I believe his name starts with a P...

Obama's Lack of Understanding of Jesus Christ's Important Role [ 62 Answers ]

Obama apparently does not know the Holy Bible well at all. If he did, he would immediately be able to cite the passages that say "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." -- ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 16:31 (King James Version) and JOHN 14:6 (King James...

If I let people know who my molester is, is that Defamation of Character? [ 16 Answers ]

I want to know if I tell people who molested me if that would be defamation of character. We go to the same school and have some friends in common. This person formed a cult that I WAS NOT involved in. They trapped me in a basement and tortured a molested me for 6 hours. (Intent to kill. I was not...

View more questions Search