Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stickmonkey76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 12:47 PM
    New bath on a slab
    I am installing a full bath on a slab in an unfinished basement. There is one 3" stub in the floor about 15" from the concrete wall - I assume this is for a toilet. There are three other pipes that run up the concrete wall. What are each of these pipes? Is the space intended for a half bath? Is there any way to install a tub drain without breaking the slab? I would like to have a washer and dryer in the space as well. Can I tie the washer into the existing plumbing?

Thank you for any advice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 10, 2006, 05:48 AM
    To install a tub there must be a 14 X14" square cut in the cement called a "tub dap out" with a trap raiser 15" out from the side and 1 1/2" out from the front plate.
    It sounds like you may be roughed for a half bath. The three pipes going up the wall could be stubups for a lavatory, a washer and a vent. However, you mwill need to contact the plumber or plumbing company that did the job to find out which is which and the configuration under the slab.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken bathtub drain - PVC near slab [ 2 Answers ]

During replacing a bathtub, the drain pipe got caugt on the tub and it broke the PCV joint near the slab. The coupling broke, but the PCV piece that comes in through the slab fully intact. However, it is still glued into half of the coupling. There does not appear to be enough room to cut and...

Bathtub drain broken under slab - HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1975 single level home built on a flat slab with NO crawl space. The tub drain has apparently broken and when the tub drains you can hear it hitting the fill dirt below. The walls are tiled. Unknowingly this has been going on for sometime now and the house has settled on one end w/...

Basement Rough-ins [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house that is 14 years old and it has rough in plumbing in the basement. One for the toilet and one for the shower. Also a stand pipe next to a wall which I assume is the vent. Does the rough in plumbing have the traps below the concrete flooring?

Bathtub Drain concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just finishing up the basment. The bath drain is roughed in. My problem is the rough-in is on the wrong side. I want the bathtub installed with the plumbing fitures on the same wall as the toilet. Can I run a drain line under the tub?

Basement bathroom rough ins [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of developing my basement. There is no rough-in for bathrooms. I'm putting an ensuite attached to a room with a shower, vanity and toilet. Backing on to this bathroom is another 1/2 bathroom with toilet and sink. There was no future vent put in when the house was built making...

View more questions Search