Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsmn54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Identify artist
    Can anyone identify who the artist is? I have 2 pieces from the same artist that I have had a long time and am thinking of selling them on Ebay if it is worth doing it at all, or else they will go to the Goodwill. The last letters of the signed name that I can read look like "mont" but I can't make out what the rest of the name spells out. It could be "Dumont"? They are also numbered, this one has 350 in the lower left. Sorry about the glare on the glass.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images

thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2009, 09:36 AM

Can you post a closeup in focus photo of the signature and some more photos of the piece.
    jsmn54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Unfortunately my camera doesn't take close up's very well, here is another picture. The writing is hard to read and with pencil on this colored paper there is not a lot of contrast. Here is a picture of the other one, I thought they were the same artist but I see now that the writing is different. This one seems to say "after de j---scher"(?) with a number 303.
    I appreciate your quick response.
    Attached Images

thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2009, 01:38 PM

It might be Pierre Dumont. Compare the signatures. These are paintings so don't get excited over the price.
    P. Dumont - Past Auction Results

PIERRE DUMONT (PARIS 1884-1936) | Vue de la cathédrale de Rouen | 19th Century European Art Auction | Christie's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original oil painting with a signature ´Rousseau´ in the bottom right hand corner. Can you identify the artist please?

Can you identify this artist? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me who this artist is? I am unable to read it and would like to get some information on them. Thanks for your help. Cheryl

Identify an artist [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to identify an artist the signature looks like J hucson but could be J Augon I can't read the writing it is of a clipper (ship) on canvas and it is in oil the J is clear the H or A? The ucs (its a long tailed S so it could be a small g) an ideas

View more questions Search