Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dave605 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2009, 06:38 AM
    She came back after 6 months of 0 contact?
    Hey guys, I'm 18 and I was going out with a girl that was 21. We were only together for about 3 weeks or so before we kind of drifted apart. She had a lot of stuff going on and didn't have time for me so I thought it was only natural to break away and not be strung around. After about a full week of no contact from her I just thought to cut my losses. I tried to text and call her but she never called me back so I assumed it was over. I talked to her and told her in person things weren't working out between us. She's a country girl and really into shooting and crazy outdoor stuff. I'm a city/beach guy and I'm into surfing. We kind of clash. I took it for what it was worth and moved on.

Now to present time. She contacted me on myspace a couple days ago and we started talking again. Turns out she had some creepy stalker guy that was making false statements to her friends and she didn't want him to find out about me and tell me lies about her.. I don't really understand that part. If she would have just told me about him I would have went and beat his but whatever.. She disappeared on me to protect me she says. From some dude spreading lies about her.. OK. I was like uhh all right.. then she tells me how she's been cutting out a lot of her old habbits. Like shooting and being way too manly. I told her one of the reasons I broke up with her in the past was because of our difference. Her being the country/tomboy and me being the city guy/surfer guy. So she tells me she cut a lot of her habbits and she's changing to be that city girl.. not directly saying to be the city gir that I wanted but she did say she was changing to be a city girl. It reminded me a long time ago what I told her.

So long story short.. she comes back and expects me to take her back or at least try something with her again. She told me she would give me the time I deserve and she really cares for me still and she has this whole time.. of course we haven't talked before this in 6 months.. so yea. I basically forgot about her because we only lasted like 3 weeks anyway. I told her I wasn't really wanting to just jump right back in with her.. I've had other girls and tasted other smells and sights and really liked what I saw. I told her we could be friends for now and see what happens. She was kind of bummed about it but accepted it. She expected me to be pissed at her and never want to talk to her again. Which I should have been rightfully so but I wasn't. I was really understanding because honestly it didn't bother me anymore.

She told me she would rather be friends than nothing at all but she was going to stick to me like glue and her feelings for me wouldn't change. If I was to take her back she promised to give me the time I deserved and wouldn't leave me hanging like that again.. and oh yea she told me she thinks I'm mr right and the one and all that. Not yet but in time she thinks I could be.

So basically what I'm asking is this. Is this girl real or did she have some problems with her last guy and came back to me? We didn't break up over another person. She was just too busy to give me any time at all and I wasn't going to wait around for her to put me in her schedule. We only lasted for 3 weeks, so for her to even remember my number or myspace or anything she must have been keeping tabs on me maybe.. I don't know. What do you guys think. Should I go for round 2?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:06 AM
    You barely lasted round one and she sounds a bit strange so no-dont go down that road again.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:17 AM

3 weeks? Honeymoons last longer than that, how is she going to react when it's 6 months old?

Save yourself the problems and avoid
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 07:48 AM
    The good news, is you really don't have to decide anything at this point. The better news, I think your smart enough to figure out if she is worth the risk or not.

Obviously your not sold completely on the idea, and your probably right.

Talaniman rules- When you get dumped, why go back, and get dumped again.
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Oct 30, 2009, 08:47 AM

You are asking us if you should go for it, clearly you not sure and you are right. I would not take this further, and I think you know that to. I am sure you can feel that in your gut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get back with my ex-girlfriend after 2 months of no contact? [ 324 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend decided to breakup with me 2 days after valentines because we had an argument. She said she got tired of constant arguying with me and asked me if we could be friends and take a break. I told her I cannot be friends but I would allow a break. She did this over the phone which I...

What can I do if a mother has no contact with her son for 2 months? [ 4 Answers ]

What can I do if a mother has no contact with her 23 month old son for 2 months and he lives with me?

3 months no contact, not getting anywhere [ 41 Answers ]

Its been 3 months now since me and the girl I was seeing split up. I've stuck by the no contact rule and it is her that has initiated any contact. She emailed me 3weeks ago to say sorry again and gave me the excuse that her head was screwed up and she needed time away from guys. I said I was...

Contact After 8 Months [ 12 Answers ]

I haven't posted in awhile, here is a link to my original thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/gf-wants-slow-down-36653.html To make a long story short, my ex-GF wanted to slow down. We remained in contact for a couple weeks by phone. My last two calls to her were not answered,...

View more questions Search