Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 01:54 AM
    Disable Tax Payer
    I have become disable and my only income is federal disability. I have federal taxes due. Will the defer late charges and other fees because I will not be able to pay the taxes back for many years.I am a:confused: low income wage worker and would not be able to pay the late fees when I get well. What is the best way to deal with the IRS? Can the IRS take part of my disabiliy income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 07:14 PM
    If your ONLY income is federal disability, I would be surprised if your income tax liability is all that high.

Exactly how much is your disability?

If in fact you do owe taxes, it is theoretically possible for the IRS to garnish your dsiability payments, but they are unlikely to do so if you show that your ONLY income source is that disability.
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    If your ONLY income is federal disability, I would be surprised if your income tax liability is all that high.

Exactly how much is your disability?

If in fact you do owe taxes, it is theoretically possible for the IRS to garnish your dsiability payments, but they are unlikely to do so if you show that your ONLY income source is that disability.
    The taxes are on income in the year I was hurt, not income I receive with my federal disability. I also have a state liability.Can I stop my late fees until I can go back to work? I have been told to seek advice before going to the IRS Thanks in advance Fred
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 7, 2006, 04:41 PM
    They may waive the late fees, given your disability. They cannot waive the interest due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing a disable person [ 20 Answers ]

What does the bible and the law in Tennessee say about divorcing someone that is disable so I can go on with my life?

Disable at startup [ 2 Answers ]

I have several programs that load as soon as I start my computer, and they are eating up all my memory. I tried to remove them from my startup menu, but this then sent them to the recycle bin. I'm computer illiterate. I want to know how to disable programs when I start my computer (so they don't...

Divorce and disable please help [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in 2000 and my wife left me in about nine months after for another man. I only get social security as income and I want a divorce can someone help? Thanks mikeboy

Disable Right Click [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How can one restrict right-click (or the cut/copy command) on a web page? I assume it is Java, but I don't really know. I will have pictures that are kind of rare (of behind the scenes at Live with Regis and Kelly) and would like to prevent them from being stolen. I would appreciate if...

Disable help [ 2 Answers ]

My cousin's a disable young man in a wheel chair that needs assistance. He lives in a house that was on the demolition list in Michigan, but he had a few friends help him fix the house, to make it liveable. The problem is the city says the house does not exsist. So therefore he can't get the...

View more questions Search